If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

FreeCAD Page layouts with TechDraw WB

I just created a page in the wiki where we can share FreeCAD files with examples of TechDraw layouts (for printing documentation). Also, we can share workflows and tips about good methods to create good TechDraw pages in FreeCAD. There is already a file with 3 layouts that you can download.
https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=Page_layouts_with_TechDraw_WB
Regads

Tagged:
basweinpaulleeCoenDarth_BlenderMassimoAcevictorklixto

Comments

• The "Link table for TechDraw layout" is really useful, thanks !

Wonder if ArchView could also be included for comparison :)

bitacovirduncan
  • Great idea! We now need to find good pages to link it together with.

• And the example model file is self-explanatory to demonstrate possibilities, combination of features, workarounds for 2D drawings generation and annotation in FreeCAD !

• @paullee said:
    And the example model file is self-explanatory to demonstrate possibilities, combination of features, workarounds for 2D drawings generation and annotation in FreeCAD !

I just include a new file and workflow with furniture linked to 2D projections. Interesting concept.

paullee
  • @bitacovir said:
    I just include a new file and workflow with furniture linked to 2D projections. Interesting concept.

Thanks for updating of the Link Table, and interesting models and workflow :)

Have you posted these in FreeCAD forum somewhere ? Some of the workflow seems become complicated probably need to workaround current limitation. Maybe these can be discussed in FreeCAD forum to allow for improvement ?

• edited November 2021

@paullee said:
    Have you posted these in FreeCAD forum somewhere ? Some of the workflow seems become complicated probably need to workaround current limitation. Maybe these can be discussed in FreeCAD forum to allow for improvement ?

That is the idea. To document these workflows, so developers can implement more optimized and automatic methods.

paullee