Exemplar IFC model to share?

Hi I am hoping there is a small building or better still housing IFC that is well structured and data rich that can be shared with me. I am working on a presentation to a diverse range of people in our organisation (government social housing provider). I want to show these people how data can be extracted from an IFC that they are interested in, that makes their job easier. These include but are not limited to carbon measurement, sustainability, thermal envelope, bill of quantities (cost), maintenance, compliance with our design standards, compliance with building code. it would be helpful if it were in English, (my limitation exposed).
Looking forward to your feedback :)

jsdbroughtonAcevpajicplanettelex

Comments

• Thank you so much, I will have a look at the files tonight.

• I want to show these people how data can be extracted from an IFC that they are interested in, that makes their job easier. These include but are not limited to carbon measurement, sustainability, thermal envelope, bill of quantities (cost), maintenance, compliance with our design standards, compliance with building code. it would be helpful if it were in English, (my limitation exposed).

I don't think I have sample model, but maybe this is interesting for you, in the Netherlands housing corporations got together and thought of the 'Aedes ILS'. It's a standard for IFC models in which they require companies to model and assign IFC data in such a way it can be used for maintenance plans.

'Woonstad Rotterdam', the biggest housing corporation of Rotterdam is said to digitize all their assests to IFC, about 30.000 housing units.

I really would like to share some resources, but it's all in Dutch.

• edited February 2022

@Coen said:

I want to show these people how data can be extracted from an IFC that they are interested in, that makes their job easier. These include but are not limited to carbon measurement, sustainability, thermal envelope, bill of quantities (cost), maintenance, compliance with our design standards, compliance with building code. it would be helpful if it were in English, (my limitation exposed).

I don't think I have sample model, but maybe this is interesting for you, in the Netherlands housing corporations got together and thought of the 'Aedes ILS'. It's a standard for IFC models in which they require companies to model and assign IFC data in such a way it can be used for maintenance plans.

'Woonstad Rotterdam', the biggest housing corporation of Rotterdam is said to digitize all their assests to IFC, about 30.000 housing units.

I really would like to share some resources, but it's all in Dutch.

This is really interesting and very relevant for our organisation, Kāinga Ora. When you own 10s of 1000s of houses for decades maintenance is king. Please share what you can I will try google translate and some common sense. Are the Dutch housing corporations government owned or private?
    Thank you Coen

• edited February 2022

Some interesting information attached in the PDF if you can filter out all the marketing terms.

And here a youtube clip of the company who got the assignment

And here the requirements from 'Aedes'. Aedes is the branche organisation of all housing corporations in the Netherlands.
    https://aedes.nl/digitalisering-en-informatievoorziening/aedes-ils-20

NigelvpajicAcemagicalcloud_75
  • edited February 2022

@Nigel

Are the Dutch housing corporations government owned or private?

Government owned, but until 2013 they were not held accountable how they spend public money. A lot of started enormous risky investments until 2008 when it all went horribly wrong... Also a lot of self enrichment. Most infamous example is Rochdale, where the head of Rochdale embezzled two million euros and showed up at work in a Maserati. He got eventually got convicted to a three years prison sentence. But that's not what you were asking :-D

• @Coen said:
    @Nigel

Are the Dutch housing corporations government owned or private?

Government owned, but until 2013 they were not held accountable how they spend public money. A lot of started enormous risky investments until 2008 when it all went horribly wrong... Also a lot of self enrichment. Most infamous example is Rochdale, where the head of Rochdale embezzled million euros and showed up at work in a Maserati. He got eventually got convicted to a three years prison sentence. But that's not what you were asking :-D

I may not have been asking but I always appreciate a good back story LOL

Coen