BlenderBIM: How do I start ?

2»

Comments

• Your suggestions sound great @dimitar and I'd love to showcase those workflows and I'm always surprised by innovative uses of the BlenderBIM Add-on I see in the wild that sometimes never are shown here. I lack the time though, but I'd really appreciate help in sharing what can be done so far as a poweruser (very much like what @theoryshaw has been doing exceptionally wall). Perhaps some video share sessions can help answer questions more effectively, and you can help spread the knowledge whilst I continue to chip away slowly at the endless coding todo list.

dimitar
  • @Moult @duncan maybe we start a new thread and have the last few posts moved there. I finally managed to create a wiki login. I've tried multiple times before never worked. I propose to add a section at https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=BlenderBIM_Add-on after Features, called Use Cases, where we can start plugging in the info started. Ideally, later, that info should make its way to the blenderbim.org site as well.
    Also, are the Features at the wiki still current?

• edited April 2022

Sounds good. Let's shoot for May 5th at 17:00 UTC.
    Here's a ICS calendar invite for it.
    Also, it might or might not help, but in the following chat rooms, we're in the trenches teasing out BB workflows around a specific project.

dimitarduncantlang
  • edited April 2022

@dimitar @Moult @theoryshaw
    I see three topics emerging here

BlenderBIM status from @Moult

I suggest Dions post be made into an article for the front page and pushed on our social media ... yeah, so it's Friday evening and I was feeling enthusiastic so for anyone with admin or editor rights to the WordPress site here's a link to check the news piece before it goes live @Moult please give a thumbs up if you 'approve of this message' and I'll make it live.

Focus on the need for some documentation

@dimitar and others I suggest important comments/ideas about docs be copied/moved/continued in this thread where I also started a similar discussion on docs a while back and have shared some thoughts.

Restarting some live-video knowledge exchanges

I just had a quick chat with @theoryshaw and we agree that it would be great to restart the BlenderBIM - Expert knowledge exchange idea @vpajic started which needs a bit more help to move forward. That discussion will hopefully move there.

This might mean this discussion can back away from these broader issues which can continue in other discussions.

What was the topic anyway? Oh yeah, BlenderBIM - How do I start? Enjoy the continued discussion without more of my administrative interruptions :-)

Constantinesis
  • Just an FYI, that ICS i posted has the incorrect jitsi meeting ID. It has since been corrected.
    It's https://meet.jit.si/osarch for future reference.