If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

[Sverchok]New Plugin for Blender-Sverchok: Mega-Polis - A Data-Driven Urban Design Toolkit

edited December 2022 in General

Dear all,
I have been developing a free and open source plugin for Blender-Sverchok for my thesis. This plugin aims to assist data-driven urban design processes. It is called Mega-Polis, and now it is available on the GitHub.
https://github.com/victorcalixto/mega-polis

The documentation is underdevelopment, but I did a demonstration of some nodes that is available on YouTube.
This is an ongoing research, therefore, this plugin still** very experimental and under HEAVILY development**.
The toolkit is divided into: Gathering, Analysis, Generation, and Visualisation tools.

Gathering
- Read GIS (shapefile, geopackage, geojson)
- Read CSV Files
- Read DEM (GeoTIFF)
- Read LAS (.las)
- OSM Downloader
- Load Street Network
- Download Street Imagery
- Download Data URL
- Request Data API
- Get Pandas Feature
- Pandas Dataframe
- Pandas Series
- Get Sample Dataframe
- Split String

Analysis
- DEM Terrain Attributes
- Network Analyses
- Shortest Path
- Whitebox GIS Tool (Whitebox Tools Connection)
- Isovists
- Dataframe Utils
- Object Detection (YoloV5)
- Detectron (Instance and Panoptic Segmentation based on Detectron2)
- Correlation
- Correlation With
- Get Feature At
- Get Feature Index
- Linear Model Selection
- Model Fit
- Model Predict

Generation
- Faces from Vertices
- CSV to Dataframe
- Lat-Lon to Points
- Pandas Filter
- Pandas Map Feature
- Sequential Colormap
- Transpose Dataframe
- Get File Path
- File to Geo Dataframe
- File to GeoJSON

Visualisation
- Seaborn Plot
- WebVR Connector (A-Frame)
- Dashboard Creation
- Dashboard Bokeh Figure
- Dashboard Bokeh Plot Chart
- Dashboard Bokeh Plot Line
- Dashboard Dataframe
- Dashboard Load Map
- Dashboard Map
- Dashboard Markdown
- Dashboard Mesh
- Dashboard Plotly Figure
- Dashboard Plotly Scatter
- Dashboard Server
- Dataframe Visualisation
- Python Server

Many thanks,
Victor.

NigelbrunopostleCoenAceGorgioustheoryshawSinastabitacovirtlangbasweinand 5 others.

Comments

• Wow node enthusiasts are having an early chirstmas this year !! This looks SO dope.

I can't wait to try it out ! Unfortunately I'm having trouble with the dependencies.

It would be nice to have a button in the preferences to auto-install all the mandatory dependencies :)
    Some of them look like they're only available for linux and macOS ? eg https://detectron2.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/install.html

victorklixtonikitron
  • Hi @Gorgious, I was having the same error yesterday! Please, make sure that your Sverchok version is the latest. This button to auto-install all dependencies would be nice, let's see if we can work out it later. Unfortunately, detectron2 does not have official support for windows, but I saw that people managing to install it with after install Visual C++ https://github.com/facebookresearch/detectron2/issues/4015

Gorgiousnikitron
  • Thank you!

victorklixto
  • Thank you @nikitron for creating the Sverchok! We have a feasible free and open source source visual programming tool because someday you decided to start the project! Many thanks again!

• awesome work and still struggling with dependencies and install issues and a workaround or solution on same will to explorations. still not solved detectron install with the blender 3.4 version. Many thanks and will update on how i went thru same to complete run.

basweinvictorklixto
  • Hi @jags, I will set up a Windows machine to also try to install it. Many thanks!

• @victorklixto would you be interested in writing a short article about it to be published on OSArch.org? It would be great to advertise this work further!

victorklixto
  • Hi @Moult, sure it will be nice. Please let me know more about it.
    Many Thanks.
    Cheers,

• @victorklixto it's a minimum of 300 words and should include keywords related to your topic and 2 or more images :) You can send it to dion@thinkmoult.com if you want and I can post on your behalf, or I can also give you an account on the Wordpress backend and you can do it yourself :) (and if you want you can continue to write about it and other topics in the future)

• Thanks, @Moult. I will do it as soon as I can. I am finishing revising my thesis at this moment. In a few weeks, I will be able to do it.
    Many thanks.

• @victorklixto - I saw your comment on the other thread. Hope this is going well. I haven't had a chance to play with it but I am really excited about this project!

victorklixto
  • Hi @baswein ,
    Many thanks, I am doing great, how about ? I am glad that you are interested in the project. I was busy until last Tuesday and I could not dedicate the time that I was expecting to the project, but the project is updated and running in the last Sverchok version.
    I am planning to invest some time in the next months again, starting to produce documentation and tutorials.
    Also, I need to make the installation process of the dependencies easier and after that invest time on improving the performance, legibility of the code, etc.
    There are several improvements that I want to make, and anyone interested in the project are more than welcome to contribute.

Hi @Moult, I am sorry that I could not have time to produce the article for the OSArch yet, but it is something that I am very keen to do as soon as I can.

basweinOwura_quArvSinasta