If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

BlenderBIM: List window fraction

MaxMax
edited January 2023 in General

I would need a list of all (selected) windows in an IFC together with the frame fraction for each window, probably based upon FrameThickness, accessable from Python and wonder if you have any idea how to do so?

Comments

• Not certain of the full process but I think you can start by getting values using blenderbim spreadsheet editor:
    https://github.com/C-Claus/BlenderScripts/tree/master/BlenderBIMSpreadsheet/3.3.3
    made by @Coen

• @Max said:
    I would need a list of all (selected) windows in an IFC together with the frame fraction for each window, probably based upon FrameThickness, accessable from Python and wonder if you have any idea how to do so?

Hi @Max is this for thermal envelope calcs or embodied carbon? I'm interested in these areas and keen to learn workflow options.
    Thanks in advance

• It is mainly for solar radiation since the shading calculation needs to be simplified, otherwise I could use the geometry as it is. Still, I also need it for daylight and embodied carbon as well.

Nigel
  • Have you got a sample model we could look at to see how your model looks like?

If you have a high quality compliant model, then it's very easy, just look at the GlazingAreaFraction property in Pset_WindowCommon. However, if you have a low quality model, then...