Monthly online meetup proposal!

edited November 2020 in General

I wonder if others think it is worthwhile having a monthly online voice and screenshare meetup? Just for an hour. I'm thinking two talks, each 20 minutes, with 10 minutes for questions.

Proposed agenda for the first:

• Say hello
  • Talk 1 by @Moult - Introduction to the BlenderBIM Add-on and how IFC works
  • Talk 2 by.... you?

If there is interest, let me know if you'd like to give a short 20 minute super informal talk, and we can vote on a date and time that works best for everyone.

Tagged:
ReD_CoDEbitacovirbrunopostlejeremyjamesLuisshanmamahtlcnn

Comments

• Great idea, I'm in

• I will looking for this. But what platform of communication will you be using?

• I'm thinking about using Jitsi meet - I've used it many times in the past, it's open source, fully encrypted, browser based, allows group calls with screen sharing capabilities.

bitacovir
  • Great proposal, I'm down.

I can present a summary of the ifc to code_aster implementation but probably in a couple of months or so, depending on the progress.

• i could be a gawker.

• So cool!I am looking for this. Maybe you could use YouTube or Zoom

• Can I propose two options:

• First Saturday of every month, 10am UTC
    • First Saturday of every month, 8pm UTC

Meeting to be held on: https://meet.jit.si/openbim

Please comment with what time works for you, and we'll try and do something in April :)

• 8pm UTC works for me.

• Dion suggests a guide to using the IFC documentation.

I would also be interested in some very basic stuff, like, what is bimtester for? I suspect there are some basic BIM/IFC concepts where my understanding is completely back-to-front.

• Saturday 8pm UTC for me is fine, too.

• Is this a presentation for developers or for general public?

• Saturday 8pm UTC works also for me.

• edited March 2020

For the first one, I'll try and speak non-technical. I think an introduction to the IFC documentation is a good idea for a second topic, and it is actually not that hard and I have previously explained it to non-developers.

So revised events for Saturday 8pm UTC in April 4th 2020 are:

• Say hello
    • Introduce the BlenderBIM Add-on (30min)
    • Introduce IFC and the IFC documentation (30min)
    Jesusbill
  • Will these be recorded? I'm out on Saturday night

• Great idea! I'd be in to showcase FreeCAD too. Both times are good to me too

• @yorik would you like to do a 30 min session for the first meetup, so that I'm not talking for the entire hour, and then I can delay one of my talks (perhaps I can delay talking about BlenderBIM until the next month)?

• I would find it better that you do the first session, then I'd do the next one, you're the one to do the opening! Honestly I believe you'll talk 20 minutes and we'll bomb you with questions for the rest of the hour ;)

• One hour is too much. You should keep your presentation for around 30 min and the rest of the time is questions and interaction.

• edited March 2020

@bitacovir - noted, I will keep it limited to 30 minutes.

So revised events for Saturday 8pm UTC in April 4th 2020 are:

• Say hello
    • Introduce the BlenderBIM Add-on (30min)
    • Questions (30min)

@brunopostle - the session will be recorded. Are you sure you can't make the 4th of April? It's not this coming Saturday.

@yorik - sounds good :) Will book you in for May 2nd 2020!

bitacovirJesusbill
  • Oops wasn't paying attention, next month sounds good

• Ok, saving the date!

Moult
  • OK. I've saved the date too.

Moult
  • cool... I will try to be on time

Moult
  • Time is OK. I hope you can post a online sheet (like google cloud document) to regist who will attend, and send an email to you before some days. If I dont reopen this one, I will forget the online meeting lol .

• Time suits. I will try my Best to make it.

Moult
  • @shanmama - that's a good idea, I've created a new Google spreadsheet here. For those who want, add your email to the list as a comment (and I will add to to the spreadsheet) and I'll send out an email notification prior.

• I'm in. Thanks for including me Dion. See you April 4th.

MoultJesusbill
  • Just a reminder that we're still on for the Saturday 8pm UTC in April 4th 2020! If you'd like an email notification, add yourself to the Google spreadsheet :)

Jesusbill
  • Awesome mate, my two business partners here in Florence will also probably attend. I will forward to them your email notification once received.

Moult
  • Thunderbird says me that we are on Saturday 8pm UTC in April 4th 2020 but we are only 2 on https://meet.jit.si/openbim. I missed something ?