BlenderBim How to round Dimensions?

This is a really silly one but anyone know how to round the dimensions in Blenderbim? so they display as a rounded to end in 5 or 0,

so perhaps round this to 11.35 or most likely 11.40

Comments

• AceAce
    edited August 2022

Ok I found it and in hindsight it seems obvious hahha, it just doesnt reflect in the annotation preview

It's called "drawing metric precision"

This value is in metres regardless of whether you've changed your units to mm, it doesnt affect the real dimension just the printed one
    Viewport:

Printed and rounded SVG:

This is with the precision set to 0.005 = 5mm , for some reason it doesn't show (here is shows 0.00 which is missing a decimal) but it works

Bedsontheoryshawbruno_perdigaoArv
  • This seems to be missing in the latest version:

Does anyone know where it might have moved to?

• It's a EPset_Drawing property now.

Ace
  • @theoryshaw said:
    It's a EPset_Drawing property now.

Thankyou!

• I think now it's specified for each drawing separately:

GorgiousAceCoenBedsonOwura_qu
  • Elaborating on this conversation, does anyone know how to round any of the area quantities?
    I've got an example where I just want it to round to 1 point after the decimal point not include additional info:

• @Ace
    You can use backticks in IFC Text Literal to evaluate python expression and add rounding:

``round({{Qto_StairFlightBaseQuantities.Length}},1)``

NigelAceOwura_quGorgious
  • Thanks @Andrej730 ! You are a life saver

• @Andrej730 said:
    You can use backticks in IFC Text Literal to evaluate python expression and add rounding:

Does this mean that blenderbim will execute arbitrary python code embedded in IFC files?

• @brunopostle said:
    Does this mean that blenderbim will execute arbitrary python code embedded in IFC files?

Yes.

• @Andrej730 said:

@brunopostle said:

Yes.

This needs a rethink. I receive aec files from lots of sources, many of which are definitely untrustworthy, I really don't want to give them the ability to run code on my computer.

This will generally be considered a security vulnerability that requires disclosure, CVE announcements, emergency releases etc..

theoryshawVDobranov
  • This needs a rethink.

Completely agree. This is purely a temporary implementation just so that things can get done before do a more refined implementation. I think we need to consider a series of formatting functions and do a small Lark language for it.

brunopostlecarlopav