If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

[IFC] FlangeEdgeRadius and FlangeSlope for IfcIShapeProfileDef

edited December 2022 in General

Hi!
I am in the middle of compiling the RUS Steel library following the very insightful discussion here and the AU/EU libraries “out-of-the-box”.
I’ve got the most of the data out of Russian specifications into IFC-library, but have some issues with the I-shapes.
As far as I understand, the IfcIShapeProfileDef has properties for flange rounding and sloping:
But I can not get it in Blender nor BIMcollab:

The IFC-file has all the needed data though:

#65=IFCISHAPEPROFILEDEF(.AREA.,'I22C_19425_74',$,110.,220.,7.5,12.3,9.5,4.8,0.158655262186401);
#68=IFCBEAM('3n5fOMb2L56e1PIQp7ym_U',$,'Beam',$,$,#77,#81,$,.NOTDEFINED.);
#81=IFCPRODUCTDEFINITIONSHAPE($,$,(#80,#88));
#87=IFCEXTRUDEDAREASOLID(#65,#85,#86,3000.);
#88=IFCSHAPEREPRESENTATION(#15,'Body','SweptSolid',(#87));

Am I missing something?

Comments

• edited December 2022

Aaand it seems that one of the reasons is the different rendering within different applications.
    The other reason is some discrepancies in units: the BlenderBIM recalculates plane angle units from radians to degrees, but IfcIShapeProfileDefs stay same. And only program where I could notice that was Tekla Sructures…
    I’ve made IFC with 2 profiles: one with FlangeSlope in radians and other one in degrees:

Then I made another IFC out of the first one by changing the plane angle unit in usage:

Then have checked appearance in different apps.
    In BIMcollabZOOM and BIMvision there is no difference in rendering (upper is IFC with degrees, lower - with rads):

But Tekla demonstrates what is wrong in each case:

I am continuing my experiments.

theoryshawAce
  • Progress so far:

Martin156131theoryshawAce
  • This is because flange slope has not been implemented in IfcOpenShell yet. Here's the bug: https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/issues/2631

VDobranovMartin156131CadGiru
  • This is now fixed.

CoenMartin156131theoryshawVDobranovGorgiousJesusbill