If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

BlenderBIM: Dutch NL-SfB ClassificationCode updated

Hi all,
I am going to work on the BIM base IDS manual for BlenderBIM.
https://www.bimloket.nl/p/923/BIM-base-IDS---English-home

Since the NL-SfB buildingcode is important in the Netherlands I decided to start there. I followed the video by Dion @Moult :

Then I found out that the NL-SfB code that is provided is outdated. Since December 2019 there is an update. So I changed the file and now you can use it too. (If you are working in the Dutch building industry anyway,) I will post this on the Github as well.

CoenMeetlatAcetlangchachi_ws

Comments

• I am going to work on the BIM base IDS manual for BlenderBIM.

Really looking forward on seeing this.

• Thank you for your contribution! It's now been added to the directory.

MennoMekes
  • @Coen said:

Thanks but I think you already know how to do it :-)

• @MennoMekes said:

@Coen said:

Thanks but I think you already know how to do it :-)

Hi Menno, I'm also active in the dutch AEC industry. I was wondering why you added the complete NL-SfB classifications list instead of just the 4-digit format (00.00) as submitted by the BIMloket? I've heard about the BIM base IDS and i'm eager to know more. Is this the IDS based on the XML format?

• Hi @chachi_ws ,
    I'm not quit sure what you mean. There is one list. That has the code and the description. And that ís the list from Ketenstandaard that is downloadable from BIMloket. There is no interpretation of the list. You choose something or not. So this is what it should look like then you've added a classification to a wall:

Great that you've heard of the BIM base IDS! I'm in the expert-committee and did quit a lot of work on version 2. So if you wanna know more you've found the right person. What we say when we want the 4-digit means that we don't want the 6-digits. Also, try not to choose a classification that ends with a '0'. That might be too general. But sometimes you need to. So that choice has to be there. Also, some people might not care about the BIM base IDS and do want the complete list.

If you understand Dutch this is me talking about the the BIM base IDM:
    At the buildingSMART summit in Düsseldorf 2019 I presented version 1 together with Lex Ransijn:

• Also, I found out is was using an older version as well. In December 2021, right before my article on LinkedIN where I created the correct versions for Revit, Archicad abnd SketchUP, there was another update. I didn't know and nobody pointed it out to me. So I guess that's how people were still using the 2005 version. If the owner of a list doesn't shout out into the worlkd they have an update who knows?

Anyway, it's updated again.

chachi_ws
  • @MennoMekes said:
    Also, I found out is was using an older version as well. In December 2021, right before my article on LinkedIN where I created the correct versions for Revit, Archicad abnd SketchUP, there was another update. I didn't know and nobody pointed it out to me. So I guess that's how people were still using the 2005 version. If the owner of a list doesn't shout out into the worlkd they have an update who knows?

Anyway, it's updated again.

Hi Menno, your info is of great help I will look into it. Thanks a lot.

MennoMekes