Blender Pencil Style Outline

Can anyone get this to work? I tried, and didn't seem to work.
Would be great for working without trangulated wireframe on, but still getting the main outlines

Comments

• The effect depends on a camera view. Add a camera and point to the object.

Acebitacovir
  • gotcha!.. in the video, it didn't seem he had a camera active.

• A lot of fun to play with

theoryshawBedsonCoenArvbitacovir
  • for sure!

• almost feel like this should be a default! :)

• edited May 2023

...and a total noob question, I wonder, could these grease pencil outlines be harnessed in BB's svg generation, as well?

• @theoryshaw said:
    ...and a total noob question, I wonder, could these grease pencil outlines be harnessed in BB's svg generation, as well?

I think Homebuilder addon by @Andyrexic. did this initially? Using the grease pencil to create drawings then it was changed to the lineart modifier for speed, and now I'm not certain,

• edited May 2023

The prj addon uses the line art modifier that is then converted to svg or dxf. Bbim doesn't use it but a native Ifcopenshell implementation AFAIK.

The line art modifier has some shortcomings, but it is indeed a very powerful tool. For example it won't easily dissolve wall limits if they share the same material like the current bbim handler does.

Its true potential relies heavily on custom collection hierarchy in order to output seggregated vector paths.

theoryshawAce
  • For Home Builder I am currently using Freestyle and Eevee. I haven't implemented the ability to export SVG files yet, but it is possible. I am interested in using the Line Art modifier, but wasn't able to get the results I wanted on my initial test. Freestyle works ok, but it will sometimes have missing lines.

AceBedsonbruno_perdigaobrunopostleArvbasweinbitacovir