BlenderBim - Beginner Tutorial - Parametric Windows & Doors - in 20mins

AceAce
edited December 2023 in General

This was the last video I recorded for the year, just took some time to edit.
If you want an expansion on doors & windows let me know, If there are any video topics you'd like covered let me know!

Last one for the year, next year hope to do more complicated and comprehensive tutorials

Have a good new year everyone!

CoenKoAracarlopavMassimobruno_perdigaosemhustejvelochadelschillingNigelArvand 6 others.

Comments

• as always @ace great video, I was thinking as I watched... I wonder if it is possible to globally customize all the 'window types' in the BBIM IFC, so setting all the frame parameters to ones local dims, maybe a python script or even part of BBIM as an 'apply to all' in the parametric editor
    Same for doors and any other parametric object that have common settings

• Hey @Nigel , at the moment I dont think it is currently possible as the separate types don't really overlap/share info once you edit them with the modifier, but it would be cool to be able to set the widnow/door profile from the project profiles.

@Andrej730 do you know how the the window modifier currently get it's profile? (The shape of the window frame )

• @Ace @Andrej730 being able to save one's own parameters within the modifier would be very useful.

• @Nigel I've put in a feature request here:
    https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/issues/4206
    I think for construction this is an incredibly useful feature

Nigel