GitAEC

mkomko
edited February 22 in General

Hi all,
I'm opening this thread for any questions regarding GitAEC.
GitAEC has started at the AEC Hackathon Zurich few weeks ago.
Basically, it's Git + AEC : a kind of open source Github-like platform with AEC extensions.
It's a very early stage project but with great potential I think.
For now, it has an IFC viewer (IFCjs) and automation CI/CD, head to gitaec.org for more details.
Cheers !

brunopostletheoryshawcarlopavelschillingNigelMassimosteverugiwmicvillagrasabruno_perdigaoand 1 other.

Comments

• This is great, hope you don't mind that I created an account and set it to mirror the GitHub repository I used to demo BlenderBIM Git functionality at the Creative Freedom Summit: https://gitaec.org/brunopostle/creative-freedom

Seems to work well, I can browse the commit history and 3d view the state of the model as it was at every stage of the presentation.

theoryshawCoenAce
  • Here's a wishlist, all of this exists in one form or another in various places already:

• Continuous Integration reports for IFC validation and IDS (Information Delivery Specification)
    • Costing, Gantt, LCA reporting etc..
    • 2D drawing generation and publishing using git tags
    • BCF (BIM Collaboration Format) integration in the issue tracker
    • Visual diff between revisions in the 3D viewer
    • Blaming, ie. select an object in the 3D viewer and view the commit history for that object
    theoryshawCoenArv
  • Yes @brunopostle, perfect example of where GitAEC could fit ! Thank you for this. I added this on the pad as an example.
    Talking about Github, the Forgejo community really don't like to have FLOSS publish on that platform, so it's perfectly ok to sync from Github, but not from Forgejo to Github. Thank you for this first whishlist draft. So many topics to connect !

brunopostlebruno_perdigao
  • @brunopostle said:
    Here's a wishlist, all of this exists in one form or another in various places already:

• Continuous Integration reports for IFC validation and IDS (Information Delivery Specification)
    • Costing, Gantt, LCA reporting etc..
    • 2D drawing generation and publishing using git tags
    • BCF (BIM Collaboration Format) integration in the issue tracker
    • Visual diff between revisions in the 3D viewer
    • Blaming, ie. select an object in the 3D viewer and view the commit history for that object
    • Publishing calendars derived from the IFC scheduling data in iCal format
    bdamay