BlenderBIM Add-on new release!

Comments

• I think I still love Blender 2.82 with my old computer and blenderbim 200912 so much :-) It's really work well for me

• BlenderBIM Add-on v0.0.210404 has been released with 100 new features and fixes. It's our built environment, help support the BlenderBIM Add-on: 100% free and open source software that lets you author and document BIM data fully to ISO standards. It's built by the AEC community, for the AEC community. Get it today: https://blenderbim.org/

This release focuses on further stabilisation and maturing of the new native authoring paradigm, to get back to building cool new features, now with a better foundation in place.

Users will notice a ton of bug fixes and UX improvements - the biggest being that authoring geometric aspects of an IFC was previously a real pain in the neck, as you had to keep track of all your changes, but now the basics are back in place and manual IFC syncing is no longer necessary. Note that authoring in general is still immature ... we're on it, I promise! Authoring pset templates and geolocation now is also much more fun. More tools can also operate in bulk, so you don't need to do things one by one.

However if you're a dev this release is pretty awesome because so many utilities have been improved with a new Blender-agnostic API, where anybody can easily automate and author IFCs with a high-level API. Even if you're not a dev, you've probably noticed preliminary, but rapidly growing support for more modules, like managing groups, structural analysis models, construction sequencing work plans, and cost schedules. Yep - the under-the-hood makes a big difference! If you're a poweruser or dev you'll also love the new automatic conversions of meshes to solids, so you get the best of both geometry paradigms and better integration with solid-based BIM apps! Oh, and of course, check out the new daily developer builds to keep up with the rabbit, uh, rapid changes!

A huge thanks to the growing volume of new contributors who are joining the team and changing the industry.

MeetlatMassimokrandebrunopostleJesusbillstephen_lLaurensJNhtlcnnbitacovirJanFand 9 others.
  • New features:

• During local <-> global coordinate conversions you can easily get and set the 3D cursor
    • New documentation written for IfcPatch
    • Meshes are auto updated in the IFC when you export, so you don't need to explicitly update mesh representations
    • Changing the name of a Blender object now also changes the IFC name
    • Aggregate creations when importing large files is now faster
    • Rebuild pset template authoring UI to be way less confusing and match the UX paradigm of other modules
    • IfcOpenShell now has preliminary support for IDS (thanks aothms!)
    • You can now automagically convert meshes into rectangular solid extrusions
    • You can now automagically convert meshes into circular profile solid extrusions
    • You can now automagically convert meshes into arbitrary profile solid extrusions
    • You can now automagically convert meshes into arbitrary profile with voids solid extrusions
    • BIMTester now supports both MicroMVD features or IDS for your BIM audit specifications
    • New module to integrate with Augin to easily upload your IFCs into an augmented reality (AR) platform!
    • Experimental gizmo for changing parametric extrusion depths (thanks qwiglydee!)
    • You can now reassign classes in bulk
    • Minor usability fix to denote if a pset has no properties set
    • Powerusers can now toggle hiding of null / empty properties
    • Nullness auto-toggles when editing properties. Neat. One less click! (thanks BIMVoice for the suggestion!)
    • We ship IfcConvert with the add-on now.
    • IFC drawings now store camera extents as IfcBlock. Note: still experimental.
    • You can now view, add, edit, and remove IFC groups.
    • You can assign and unassign products to IFC groups.
    • The "Allow non-element aggregates" workaround for ProStructures is now deprecated. It's handled automagically.
    • Materials will now distinguish between IfcMaterialLayerSet and IfcMaterialLayerSetUsage
    • Experimental support for Python 3.9 for those on custom or alpha builds of Blender 2.93 and above.
    • Add support for square and cubic decimetre units.
    • You can now add IfcMaterialLayerSetUsage to elements
    • You can now reorder items in a material layer, constituent, or profile set
    • You can now case insensitively search for psets, properties, and attribute names
    • Automatic daily Blender developer builds are now available on Github for those who don't want to wait for stable releases for features / fixes (thanks krande!)
    • You can now unlink objects and styles of elements that you've lost the original IFC of, to recover broken files
    • You can now bulk assign / unassign construction types
    • Upgrade / uninstall instructions are now provided in the add-on preferences UI to prevent users running into half upgraded issues
    • Adding drawings now creates the necessary groups and psets, with an experimental integration with IfcConvert. Note: highly experimental and incomplete!
    • Add support for nano and micro metre units. Who are these people using these units anyway? What is this, a house for ants?
    • Reimplement support for creating structural curve representations
    • You can now import structural curve members (again)
    • You can now author (add / edit / remove / assign / unassign) structural analysis models (thanks Jesusbill!)
    • You can now delete objects in bulk
    • Experimental operator to do efficient deep purges for devs, if stable, will result in way faster object deletions in a future release (thanks aothms!)
    • The IFC Debug inspector now also shows inverse references, great for debugging IFC2X3 files or style relationships for example
    • You can now import structural curve connections (thanks Jesusbill!)
    • Structural entities during import now don't spam spatial tree warnings (thanks Jesusbill!)
    • Object placements are now updated on export automatically in case you forgot to sync them in authoring mode
    • You can now import structural point connections
    • Structural elements are now organised in collections (thanks Jesusbill!)
    • ExtractElements IfcPatch recipe now retains aggregation relationships
    • Swept solids are now natively handled again during imports for faster rebar imports
    • You can now view / add / edit / remove structural boundary conditions for connections points
    • Improve usability to run IfcPatch recipes without typing in arguments
    • BCF now documents its requirements.txt file for devs (thanks TestPrab!)
    • You can now import and export IfcCSV with the current active IFC in memory without first writing to disk. Nice. Bulk editing!
    • You can now view structural member connections (thanks Jesusbill!)
    • New utility function for getting primitive data types of attributes for devs
    • Brand new ifcopenshell.api for devs. Basically, now you can easily automate any behaviour in the add-on via your own scripts. Also, you can use the entire capabilities of the add-on without even needing Blender.
    • Upon export, it now synchronises any objects you've deleted from your scene, so you can just do regular Blender deletes instead of pressing the "X" button
    • You can now select objects in the viewport from the IFC Debug Inspector via their GlobalID. (thanks ihabelaghoury!)
    • Ownership history tracking is now implemented in roughly half of the operations now. Getting closer towards full coverage, where we can then start tackling version control!
    • OCC is no longer loaded on startup, to prevent clashes with other add-ons.
    • You can now edit structural boundary conditions on member connections themselves. (thanks Jesusbill!)
    • You can now add and remove work plans for construction sequencing. (thanks bosonprojets and Jesusbill!)
    • You can now remove structural connection conditions (thanks Jesusbill!)
    • You can now add new structural connections to members
    • Point connections are now supported as proper entities with a placement and vertex, instead of a special empty object (thanks Jesusbill!)
    • A reference graph view is now auto created for convenience when creating a structural analysis model
    • You can now view, add, and remove cost schedules.
    • Geolocation utilities now supports converting either X or Y axes for checking grid north vs true north vectors
    • You can now get and set true north rotation independently of grid north
    MeetlatkrandebrunopostleJesusbillbitacovirhtlcnnDarth_BlendercarlopavAldoCyriland 2 others.
  • New fixes:

• Fix bug where selecting high polygon meshes for debugging fails
    • Fix bug where Blender offsets were not considered in local <-> global coordinate conversions
    • Fix bug where cursor was not placed in the right unit after a local <-> global coordinate conversion
    • Fix bug where undo operations might invalidate the internal ID map and break everything
    • Fix regression where IFC files were loaded twice during import. What a waste.
    • Fix bug where properties which IfcCountMeasure data types and similar were not editable
    • Fix bug where existing Blender offsets weren't used when importing two offset models consecutively. This helps with model federation.
    • Fix bug where you could add psets of the same name multiple times
    • Fix bug where you couldn't do import profiling on Windows. (thanks erab!)
    • Fix bug where sometimes cartesian point offsets wouldn't get correctly detected for poorly geolocated files.
    • Fix bug where nested aggregates failed to import
    • Fix bug where material / style UI was showing without a loaded IFC
    • Fix bug where assigning new constituent or profiles to a material set was broken
    • Fix bug where you couldn't assign a window or door type
    • Fix bug where loading pset templates makes it unable to install on Windows
    • Fix bug where you couldn't add layers to a fresh project
    • Fix bug on Windows where sometimes the body representation wouldn't be loaded by default
    • Fix bug where the iterator might not not know if a geometric set was 2D or 3D (thanks aothms!)
    • Fix bug where quantities couldn't be extracted in IFCCSV (thanks plaes!)
    • Fix fundamental bug in utilities where coordinate placements were not correctly resolved
    • Fix bug where nested aggregates were not nested in the scene during import
    • Fix bug where getting applicable psets didn't work on subsequent calls (thanks CyrilWaechter!)
    • Fix bug in BCF where it treated project data as mandatory instead of optional, leading to failed BCF loading
    • Fix bug in BIMTester where it doesn't run if you have multiple drives on Windows (thanks rbertucat!)
    • Fix fatal bug where languages were not bundled with the add-on so you couldn't even run BIMTester
    • Fix bug in IfcCSV where the delimiter was not specified correctly for non-English locales
    • Fix bug where you couldn't set logical properties in psets.
    • Fix bug where IFCXML support was seemingly not enabled. (thanks aothms!)
    • Fix bug where the IFC schema had a typo which made it impossible to add IfcTransformers
    • Fix bug where you couldn't even add IFC type instances for IFC4. Nasty.
    • Fix bug where assigning a spatial container didn't also update the object placement tree
    • Fix bug where Blender loses precision for geolocation metadata.
    MeetlatkrandeJohnbrunopostleJesusbillstephen_lbitacovirhtlcnnDarth_Blendercarlopavand 5 others.
  • Add support for nano and micro metre units. Who are these people using these units anyway? What is this, a house for ants?

Layer thickness for things like metals or paintings i guess.

CarpgianeDS
  • is Shift+E no longer needed?

• @c4rlosdias For moving objects, or editing meshes, or deleting objects, I believe you no longer require Shift-E. It should sync whenever you press export. It hasn't been battle-tested though.

If you change collections, you will still need to either update the spatial container via Shift-E or via the Object Properties.

erfizt
  • Wow, that's amazing update

CadGiru
  • I'm having an issue with IFC Property Set Templates. I think it did work before but after I updated the addon I keep getting an error message and have no idea what is going on.

• @pstrokap have you manually deleted the old add-in from the blender folder? I know there have been upgrade problem that get solved by doing that.

• @duncan Yes, also tried a new Blender install but still the same message

• @Moult That’s fantastic, thanks Dion. Now I have something to do this weekend...

• Hi, I'm having an another issue with IFC during export.

• Hi @slaw, which version? It looks like you have no IFC file.

• Hello Dion.
    Blender 2.92.
    Your BlenderBIM I tried builds 210404 and 210517 for Windows.
    What do You mean "no IFC file" ?

• @slaw my guess is you are simply using a Blender file and pressing export. This is not quite right - you need to have an active IFC project before you can export. Either import from an existing IFC dataset, or create a new one in the scene properties panel. Only then will you be able to export. IFC is not the same as other formats where you can start from a blank file and it'll export. Instead, you need to have an active IFC dataset in your scene properties.

To help future users from seeing this meaningless error message, I've added this commit: https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/commit/c041dd13ad7dfd993935e26d630abd57b915f3f9

Jesusbill
  • Hello Dion. I tried to move a bit of the 3D terrain map from Google maps.
    Apparently, these are not IFC elements, because trying to export them further to an IFC file, I get the error as above.
    THX a lot for help.

• @slaw that's right - only IFC elements can be exported to IFC. You can create a new IFC project, then convert your map into an IFC element.

• @slaw said:
    Hello Dion. I tried to move a bit of the 3D terrain map from Google maps.
    Apparently, these are not IFC elements, because trying to export them further to an IFC file, I get the error as above.
    THX a lot for help.

I tried this this morning as well,
    since it's just a big mesh of shiz and there is no IfcTopology class I categorized it as an IfcElement and as "IfcCivilElement", it came into SketchUp ok but I haven't loaded it into a real BIM program

I'm still earning about the IFC classifications and not sure if it would work as an IfcSpatialElement better and categorized as IfcSite

• Maybe IfcGeographicElement with TERRAIN as predefined type.

Ace
  • If it is indeed your site, then yes, under IfcSite would be a better choice.

Ace
  • BlenderBIM Add-on v0.0.210605 has been released with 186 new features and fixes. It's our built environment, help support the BlenderBIM Add-on: 100% free and open source software that lets you author and document BIM data fully to ISO standards. It's built by the AEC community, for the AEC community. Get it today: https://blenderbim.org/

This mammoth release is the first release since we announced that the BlenderBIM Add-on has been awarded an Epic Games MegaGrant. This funding will help accelerate our roadmap in providing stable geometry processing for the entire AEC industry, vital 2D drawing support, and cross-disciplinary features. Similarly, we are proud to announce 2 sponsored Google Summer of Code students who are making outstanding contributions to the project!

Blender 2.93 support, even faster IFC4 imports, and we made the add-on 3x smaller!

With the latest release of Blender 2.93, the BlenderBIM Add-on now supports the latest version. For those still on Blender 2.92 and below, developer builds are still available on Github.

Users will now also experience a huge speed boost which may be 8 times faster when importing IFC4 files with tessellated meshes thanks to optimisation works done by aothms. The new drawing system is now in progress, which has led to a huge reduction in the BlenderBIM Add-on filesize. The add-on is now three times smaller - all the features you love (and more), shipped in only 40-60MB (depending on your platform), compared to up to 180MB previously!

New native parametric wall and slab authoring tools

The new parametric engines give us a glimpse what native IFC geometry authoring can look like, with the new wall and slab authoring tool. Creating and editing walls and slabs are now super slick with sketch-generated walls, hotkeys, auto generated axis, quantities, joining, splitting, mitred joints, and more.

The new object type insertion interface lets you insert any object from your project collection. A new project library panel lets you import types from other IFC projects, paving the way to an asset library of IFC objects.

New cost planning tools

An entirely new cost planning module is available. Did you know that if you worked with native OpenBIM IFC, your cost planning is directly integrated with your BIM model? The BlenderBIM Add-on is the first in the industry to provide native IFC authoring for cost planning. With support for model linking, automated quantities, new quantity take off tools like a formwork calculator, and arithmetic operators, subtotals, and more, imagine a future where our BIM models don't have to deal with lossy import and exports, and tedious model mapping.

New construction sequencing tools

Like cost planning, an entirely new construction sequencing module is available, with the BlenderBIM Add-on an industry first in providing native IFC authoring for construction sequencing. Tasks are created directly integrated with the OpenBIM model, with support for task trees, critical path analysis, gantt chart generation, floats, task dependencies, and more. You can also visualise and generate construction animations with speed controls. Also supported is imports from P6 XML and MS Project.

Progress in structural support

The BlenderBIM Add-on now has improved support for structural analytical models, with more nuanced controls over editing loads and coordinates and axes. Work is still in progress, but it is exciting to see where we've gotten to so far!

More support for the latest OpenBIM standards

If you are a BIM poweruser, staying up to date with OpenBIM standards is made easier with open-source, as you can really tinker and get into the details of new technology. Our GSoC students Artur and Prabhat have been working hard on the new Information Delivery Specification (IDS) validation technology support, and BCF XML v3.0 support. Similarly, Moult has released a new bSDD version 5 API library, along with new Lighting geometry support, and aothms and civilx64 has been hacking away at the new infrastructure geometry support. Other interesting things to take note in the IfcOpenShell repository include a new IfcCityJson module by LaurensJN. Check out the repository and support all of these interdependent projects!

So much more

As usual, a ton of bugfixes, minor usability improvements, and full details are elaborated in the detailed changelog below.

A huge thanks to the growing volume of new contributors who are joining the team and changing the industry. You can too!

JesusbilltheoryshawbasweinAcehtlcnnbrunopostlebitacovirMeetlatLaurensJNtlangand 6 others.
  • New features:

• Add support for quads in meshes when converting from DXF to IFC. Thanks brunopostle!
    • Work plan attributes can now be modified
    • Work schedule attributes can now be modified
    • Work calendar attributes can now be modified
    • You can now assign and unassign project declarations for project libraries
    • Geolocation MicroMVD now supports checking true north
    • You can now add / remove material profiles in a profile set. Thanks Jesusbill!
    • You can now assign parameterized profiles to material profiles. Thanks Jesusbill!
    • You can now edit cost schedule attributes. Thanks Jesusbill and SigmaDimensions!
    • Cost items can now be added to cost schedules, as well as child cost items. Thanks Jesusbill and SigmaDimensions!
    • You can now just select doors / windows when adding voids for usability.
    • You can now create IFC project libraries
    • Assigning aggregates can now be done in bulk
    • Structural member axis orientation can now be specified. Thanks Jesusbill!
    • Spatial container assignment can now be done in bulk
    • You can now assign summary tasks to a work schedule. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • You can now toggle expansion of the cost schedule tree.
    • Material profile set usages are now supported. Thanks Jesusbill!
    • Spatial aggregations are now auto-assigned upon creation.
    • Spaces are now always imported by default, using the same spatial tree structure for consistency.
    • Multiple cost item summaries are allowed and you can now remove cost items.
    • You can now assign task trees to work schedules. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • Removing subgraphs of the IFC now uses batching by default. Thanks aothms!
    • If you are already authoring a file, exporing no longer prompts for a file location
    • You can now copy classes in bulk
    • You can now edit task attributes. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • New UI to edit both task trees and task attributes.
    • You can assign task predecessors and successors. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • Collection assignments for spatial structure are now auto synced on export
    • You can now load project libraries and browse type products
    • Selecting an IFC file dialog now only filters IFC files for convenience
    • In a project library, you can now toggle declared products
    • New support for task times. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • Work schedule UI now shows start and finish times.
    • You can now assign / unassign building elements as constructed products to tasks
    • You can now generate gantt charts from work schedules
    • You can now append product types from another project or project library into your project
    • You can now assign products to cost items. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • You can now import work schedules from P6 XML exports
    • You can now add crew and subcontractor resources
    • New bSDD library for developers
    • Resources may now be assigned and unassigned to products. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • You can now edit cost item quantities.
    • You can now edit cost item values with subtotal calculations.
    • New "cha-ching" noise when you're checking out cost schedules
    • You can now assign derived quantities from products to cost items
    • You can now import predecessors and successors from P6 XML
    • "Counting" cost quantities now auto count the number of assigned products for convenience
    • Work schedules can now be assigned to work plans. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • OAuth support in bSDD now available.
    • New work calendar UI.
    • New system to modify calendar working and exception / holiday times, with support for recurring times.
    • Improved time and date support in date utilities.
    • Support all recurrence types and time periods in work schedules
    • Pset API usecases are now decoupled from the BlenderBIM Add-on
    • P6 XML root level activities are now supported on import
    • Support assign, edit, and unassign lag times for task sequence relationships
    • Support importing calendars from P6
    • Support multiple versions of P6 XML imports
    • Support importing P6 sequence types
    • You can now edit sequence relationship attributes. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • You can now select all products assigned to a task. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • New support for IfcDuration in date utility.
    • Support purging when removing nested tasks in a schedule
    • Grouped tasks now support deriving start, finish dates, and elapsed durations in the task tree
    • Support importing activity and calendar assignments from P6
    • You can now visualise construction progress at a particular date in your work schedule
    • You can now generate construction sequencing animations within a date range
    • You can now change animation speeds for generated construction sequences with different speed controls
    • You can now add, edit, and remove structural load cases. Thanks Jesusbill!
    • Microsoft Project XMLs can now be imported as construction sequencing schedules. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • Support nested tasks in MS Project XML imports
    • Add support for point orientations for structural analysis. Thanks Jesusbill!
    • Implement support for adding / removing load groups. Thanks Jesusbill and ihabelaghoury!
    • Arithmetic formulas are now supported for cost value components
    • New IfcPatch recipe to clean up IFCs that store quantities in properties instead of quantity sets
    • New IfcPatch recipe to convert units of an IFC file
    • Calendars can now be shown in the work schedule task tree
    • Derived durations now calculate working days based on the working calendar
    • Calendar task inheritance is now supported
    • P6 XML lag times are now imported
    • Updating durations of task now auto refresh the finish dates based on the calendar
    • New module structure for BCF XML v2.1 and v3. Thanks TestPrab!
    • You can now edit a structural connection coordinate system. Thanks Jesusbill!
    • User friendly drop down to select relevant quantities for associated products on cost items
    • Links cost item products now auto update quantities when they are assigned or unassigned
    • New utility functions for copying and deep copying IFC elements
    • You can now copy cost values from one cost item to another
    • You can now filter products assigned to a cost item or schedule
    • Implement structural load management and assigning activities with named loads. Thanks Jesusbill!
    • Importing IFC4 files with tessellation meshes are now significantly faster (like 8x). Thanks aothms!
    • Qto module has now various methods to do bulk object quantification and quantity populating
    • IFC drawings now roundtrip as a Blender camera object
    • Mesh evaluation when updating geometries is now faster thanks to disabling boolean calculations. Thanks s-leger!
    • You can now select all products that are part of a group
    • Old annotation system now creates IFC elements again. Text and misc animations now work with the new WIP drawing system.
    • Users can now regenerate the linework or annotation layers in the new WIP drawing system.
    • BCF imports now autodetect the BCF version. Thanks TestPrab!
    • 2D representations are now reimplemented in the new WIP drawing system.
    • OCC is now no longer necessary, resulting in less conflicts with other addons and a significantly smaller filesize.
    • Assigning a representation to a type product now syncs the mapped representations of all product type instances
    • Project and version data for BCF XML v3 is now supported in the library. Thanks TestPrab!
    • New support for API listeners for parametric modifications when authoring native IFCs.
    • The search UI is only shown if an IFC is present.
    • New UI to add type instances.
    • Adding a new type instance now snaps it to the storey you're working on
    • Typed dumb walls now inherit wall thicknesses from the type material
    • You can now generate walls from sketching
    • New wall join tool with support for T-junction joints, butt joints, and mitre joints
    • You can now unjoin walls
    JesusbillbasweinAcehtlcnnbrunopostlebitacovirAldoengfernando
  • ... continued ...

• You can now join walls in bulk
    • Stroke generated walls now auto detect joints where possible
    • You can now generate walls from the cursor position, perpendicular to walls in the current storey
    • Improved handling of non-manifold elements with openings. Thanks aothms!
    • Polygons coplanarity is ensured when updating geometry. Thanks s-leger!
    • New wall align tool with support for center, interior, and exterior alignment
    • New formwork calculation tool to generate formwork meshes
    • Dumb walls now auto calculate length, width, height, and simple volumes
    • Dumb walls now auto generate wall axis upon updating
    • 2D curve geometry can now be created again. Thanks s-leger!
    • Copying objects in Blender now auto-copy them in IFC too. Thanks theoryshaw and s-leger!
    • Layer set usages now inherit the layer set from the typed product.
    • Total layer set thickness is now shown in the UI
    • BCF XML v3 now supports all asspects of BCF XML v3 except for the new documents system in the library. Thanks TestPrab!
    • Dumb walls now auto update thickness if the layer thickness changes.
    • New datepicker UI in the visualiation interface. Thanks htlcnn!
    • New wall tool with hotkeys for rapid wall creation.
    • New wall flipping feature, with support for aligned walls.
    • Super barebones UI to show space boundaries for energy analysis.
    • Point lights (IfcLightSourcePositional) are now supported and can be exported. Thanks Ilkin!
    • New wall split feature.
    • MVDs now reflect the design transfer view by default.
    • IFC header metadata can now be edited.
    • API listeners can now be removed. Thanks s-leger!
    • IfcOpenShell API now uses standardised Pythonic setting names
    • Raster underlays are now supported in the new WIP drawing system.
    • New walls are now selected when created.
    • Project data directory is now customisable and actually works.
    • Dumb slabs are now parametric and inherit thicknesses from their type materials
    • Changing wall types now auto updates the thickness
    • Updating any attribute (duration, start, or finish now calculates the other attributes)
    • Parametric engines are now loaded on startup
    • Experimental usecase serialisation feature in preparation for version control and logging
    • Dumb slabs now update thicknesses based on layer thicknesses and type assignment if changed
    • Dumb slabs now roundtrip the Blender solidify modifier
    • New feature to recalculate schedule metadata including early start and finish dates, late start and finish dates, total float, and critical paths.
    • Schedule metadata is now calculated using calendar dates
    • Dumb walls and slabs are now always exported as parametric solids instead of meshes

New fixes:

• Fix rotation check in geolocation MicroMVD validation
    • Fix bug where people and organisation Id data was not recorded in IFC2X3. Thanks SigmaDimensions!
    • Fix bug where syncing upon export was just broken
    • Fix bug where extrusion direction was incorrectly detected for some mesh to solid conversions
    • Fix bug where partial imports broke when whitelisting only spatial elements
    • Fix bug where presentation layers couldn't be added
    • Fix bug where dropdowns didn't refresh when you started a new file
    • Fix bug where adding a new material didn't make it available for assignment to objects
    • Fix bug where editing pset templates just broke
    • Fix bug where saving is done twice in authoring mode. Thanks theoryshaw!
    • Fix bug where box representations could be duplicated when adding new bodies and ensure that styles are synced. Thanks theoryshaw!
    • Fix bug where edit mode syncing didn't work if you edited many objects at once
    • Fix bug where you couldn't assign objects to a freshly created layer
    • Fix bug where import mesh cleaning would inadvertently mark meshes as edited
    • Fix bug where syncing was not maintained across file saves
    • Fix bug where you shouldn't be able to reassign classes of non-rooted elements
    • Fix bug where deletion syncing may fail on freshly created objects
    • Fix bug where a new Blender file will remember old pset templates and libraries.
    • Fix crash when pressing undo after assigning an IFC class to an object.
    • Fix bug where UI didn't update when a type name was changed. Thanks theoryshaw!
    • Fix bug where migrating an IFC version may explode the filesize.
    • Fix bug where activities not in WBSes wouldn't import from P6 XML.
    • Fix bug where empty material slots caused errors
    • Fix bug where edit pset usecase didn't import the right module. Thanks brunopostle!
    • Fix bug where related openings weren't deleted if you deleted a product.
    • Fix bugs related to grid name syncing, axis delete and copy, and grid deletion
    • Fix bug where objects might be unlinked from non IFC collections. Thanks s-leger!
    • Fix bug where the logic behind detecting swept disk geometry was faulty. Thanks s-leger!
    • Fix bug where assigning types and synchronising geometry was unstable.
    • Fix crash when switching representations for type products
    • Fix bug where IFC2X3 files did not correctly generate 2D representations
    • Fix bug where you were unable to remove a representation
    • Fix bug where type instance cubes were missing a face.
    • Fix bug where active object edits would not be synced
    • Fix bug where certain objects couldn't be deleted. Thanks theoryshaw!
    • Fix bug where objects with the same name failed to be synchronised
    • Fix bug where switching drawings didn't work when in a local view.
    • Fix bug where drawings couldn't have a slash in their name
    Jesusbillstephen_lbasweinMassimokrandeAcehtlcnnbrunopostleCyrilCadGiruand 5 others.
  • cool! congrats!

Moult
  • Hi Dion, congrats for your work.
    I'm testing this release and get problems with user pset. I generate my own psets with "IfcProperty Set Templates" panel but when I try to assign this Psets to an object with "Ifc Object Property Set", the property set is asigned but I can't edit the properties values (are missing). I tested with "IFC2X3_Geolocation.ifc" file with the same results. Psets are added but can't edit properties.

• Hey @avico I think this is related to the issue posted here
    You can try and grab the nightly build of BlenderBim with the bug fix

Moult