OSArch OpenBIM training & certification programme

2»

Comments

• @DADA_universe @Moult @Jesusbill @Cyril I was about to rename this page from Start coding for Blender to 'Blender coding for beginner' because it sits better in an alphabetical list in our categories. But then I thought, no, this should be one in a series of 'start coding' pages.

So now I would like to do something different.

There can be similar pages, or just sections of a master page on 'Start coding', for Sorcar, Sverchok, Dynamo, Topologic, FreeCAD ... what else?

@ar_lav did you find time to start your curriculum?

@DADA_universe would you be willing to begin 'Start coding for Blender'? for projects like Blender this would mostly just be some links to videos and guides to get started.

How does this sound?

Okay then, I was born impatient so here's my poorly informed start to this topic, please check it for obvious errors and missing content: https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=Start_coding

CyrilDADA_universe
  • Sounds good. Will do.

duncan
  • I think this is relevant:
    "The Blender Foundation Certified Trainer program (BFCT), which was already on hold, will also stop." https://www.blender.org/press/sunsetting-blender-network-in-2021/

duncan
  • I have created multiple course materials. Still in french. Although there is more images than words :

• IFC (1/2 day)
    • Intro to Blender + BlenderBIM addon (1 day)
    • OpenBIM data in Revit (1/2 day)

You can check it out in pdf + training material from this folder.
    Source files are here : IFC, BlenderBIM addon, OpenBIM data in Revit.
    Maybe I should open a git repo to allow improvements proposal directly.

tlangbasweinJanFCadGiruJesusbillMoultSigmaDimensionsbitacovirhtlcnnkaiaurelienzh
  • @Cyril this is really great! Any chance of uploading it to some site which embeds the presentation so people don't need to download it? Then perhaps it can be indexed by search engines, and we can advertise it on social media (who have short attention spans and are less likely to download attachments)!

• @Moult said:
    Any chance of uploading it to some site which embeds the presentation so people don't need to download it?

Pdf versions are viewable directly on nextcloud. For odp versions I need to set up collabora or only office.
    Or are you talking about an html version? If so do you have any tool to convert odp to html ? Standard impress export to html is not great many links are lost.

• @Cyril ah yes I totally missed that the PDF could be viewed directly on NextCloud. Perfect!

• Almost two years later after this thread was created, just curiously inquiring if the bus factor has been reduced. 🙂
    If I speak from my own experience, most people active in the AEC industry are not that interested in coding..
    I think it would speak more with some real life practical examples, seduce them with what is possible. .. Like @Ace did with his tutorials is extremely valuable.

Nigel