Paid work using BlenderBIM

edited February 2022 in General

Hi,
Anyone here want to help us (OpeningDesign) on some production work?
We plan on using BlenderBIM to model out large scale details, like these and annotating them, like this, in Revit--since annotation in BlenderBIM is not quite ready yet.

Specifically we need help on this project.
All communication, with the team, is done in the open, here.

Feel free to ping me (@theoryshaw:matrix.org) on Element.io.
This is our tech workflow.

MassimoCoenDarth_Blender

Comments

• Really cool this kind open source collaboration :-D. I went to take a look at the IFC model in BlenderBIM:
    Is there a reason why the building is so far away from the 0-point? :-)

I was just out of curiosity trying BlenderBIM spreadsheet on the IFC file you provided. Found two bugs in get_common_properties and get_classification methods from the BlenderBIM spreadsheet script.

One thing I found odd when trying to export the the Classification, got this error
    AttributeError: entity instance of type 'IFC4.IfcClassificationReference' has no attribute 'ItemReference'
    Removed ItemReference and saw this:

The elements have a classification by the script can't deal with it yet, need to make it IFC4 proof.

Anyway, sorry about ruining your thread with spreadsheet stuff. Just my excitement.

Back on topic:

• Do you require people to have their own Revit license?
    • I think someone inside the US is preferable?, who is familiar with local building code.
    • Paid work, like an hourly fee or fixed rate?

I hope people will participate, I think it's not for me though.

• edited February 2022

Thanks @Coen!

Is there a reason why the building is so far away from the 0-point? :-)

Our template stuff (stock details, etc.) is located there.

Do you require people to have their own Revit license?

In practice, you would only need BlenderBIM. Their own Revit license is nice, but not crucial.

I think someone inside the US is preferable?, who is familiar with local building code.

Not necessarily. They will be working close with us. We will cover the code related issues and mark up all the drawings.

Paid work, like an hourly fee or fixed rate?

would be hourly.

• Hi @theoryshaw, I might be interested, depending on the workload and deadlines. I'll get in touch on Element.io

• Awesome!.. will followup there.

• Hi also keen, I'm an architect based in South Africa, would really like to take part! Likewise with the time commitment, workload and deadlines. Let me brush up this weekend on the project. Opening design primarily use International building code right? I'm not too familiar unfortunately. If that's not a big issue, how should I get in touch?

Coen
  • @Ace very cool! I see you're in South Africa. Would be great to 'pass' work to different time zones. If you can, connect with me on Element.io. We can chat there.

• Curious if any work has been done and how it was using BlenderBIM