BlenderBim workflow dxf to BBim annotation?

Anyone have any ideas for how to achieve this workflow,
I am currently sitting drawing over some contour lines in BlenderBim, and thought maybe I could just import the dxf and maybe classify it as an ifc annotation?
So I've got this example file so I can experiment to get the dxf into the IFC,

what does work and is a no brainer is to import it and classify it as an Ifcproxy or something like that and have it spatially contained as an object in the file:

But that just kinda leaves me with a black line that shows up in every plan drawing, not bad not great,
You can now trace it accurately in BBim, but still tedious duplication of work

First prize would be to get this classified as an annotation linework so it can be adjusted using CSS,
But I'm not certain how to classify that correctly:
The ifc annotation product only has an IfcAnnotation class

And in 'contexts' if you select Plan annotation plan view

There doesn't seem to be a way to contain it in the drawing? Activating the drawing deactivates/hides the annotation.

An alternative idea was to copy the lines into another line in edit mode,
But when attempting to copy into a linework annotation the option to paste is not there:

I've added the test file I use here if anyone wants to play around with it:
just rename it to .rar and unzip it

Comments

• There doesn't seem to be a way to contain it in the drawing? Activating the drawing deactivates/hides the annotation.

Regarding this, you just have to assign the annotation to the IfcGroup that represents the drawing.

• Assign the IfcAnottation class and the plan/annotation/plan context.

• Load the ifc groups

• Select the annotation object, go to object properties, Ifc Utilities, Ifc Group. Select the camera group to assign.

CoenAcetheoryshaw
  • First prize would be to get this classified as an annotation linework so it can be adjusted using CSS

Just edit the object type in IFC Attributes:

CoenAce
  • You are a saint @bruno_perdigao !

bruno_perdigao
  • So very dope!

cvillagrasaCoen
  • yes, very cool. I also noticed you can add a BB annotation line, and then 'join' the topo lines to that line... seems to work as well.

Acebruno_perdigao