Events

This topic covers events across the industry

Comments

• SimAUD 2020, Topologic: New perspectives for conceptual design and spatial reasoning
    Free
    Mon, 25 May 2020
    12:00 – 15:00 BST
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/topologic-new-perspectives-for-conceptual-design-and-spatial-reasoning-tickets-105497287226

Jesusbill
  • Nyall Dawson seems to have programmed half of the recent changes in QGIS and recently revamped how the time animation features work and will be giving a demo:

QGIS 3.14 time handling and map animation demo.
    I'll be doing a live demo showcase all the new temporal handling capabilities coming in QGIS 3.14, and running through my tips and tricks to making effective animated maps!

Today 5/15 3pm EST/7pm GMT.

• Event revolving around BlenderBIM upcoming friday in the Hague, free of entrance for anyone interested.

JanFbitacovirGorgioustheoryshawNigelAcetlangthunderbolt_132
  • @Coen said:

Event revolving around BlenderBIM upcoming friday in the Hague, free of entrance for anyone interested.

I'd love to be there but I'm literally on the other side of the globe.

• @Coen Can't make it there. Could you stream or record the event please? Alsjeblieft?

• @tlang, it all will be in Dutch. I'm not the organizer of the event, Haagse Hogeschool is. They just asked me to participate. I can ask them for notes/recordings to share here.

• Dutch is fine with me. Anything you can share is much appreciated!

• @tlang said:
    Dutch is fine with me. Anything you can share is much appreciated!

It has been recorded, but I'm not the owner of the recordings. I am waiting until they (Haagse Hogeschool) share it with me.
    I would say the meeting has been a succes. A lot of people's eyes got opened with the possibilities of BlenderBIM and why it's different than other BIM software. From both corporate participants as well as students.

However, the scripting workshop was not really popular and (3 students max particpated) and I'm definitelty not a great teacher...?

theoryshawtlangAceGorgiousNigel
  • I have two recordings of two hours long and a powerpoint. How to share?

• How about the youtube channel of either OSArch, C. Claus or De Haagse Hogeschool?

• @Coen if they will release it from copyright we can host it on our Youtube. The original files should also be sent to our video archivist @Jesusbill
    The reason for the 'archive' is so that we can later host them somewhere else (like peertube) if we want.

• Mostly Dutch-speaking non-profit conference on Computational Design, not as Revit-centered as you might think. More info on www.revitgg.nl. This edition is slightly themed around building physics, with keynote speaker Wassim Jabi elaborating on Topoligic, but also a hands-on lab on IfcOpenShell by Thiomas Krijnen and a BlenderBIM presentation by Maarten Vroegindeweij.
    Student discount code available on PM request.

Coen
  • @ekkonap said:

Mostly Dutch-speaking non-profit conference on Computational Design, not as Revit-centered as you might think. More info on www.revitgg.nl. This edition is slightly themed around building physics, with keynote speaker Wassim Jabi elaborating on Topoligic, but also a hands-on lab on IfcOpenShell by Thiomas Krijnen and a BlenderBIM presentation by Maarten Vroegindeweij.
    Student discount code available on PM request.

Those are some knowledgeable speakers I think.

Ace
  • edited January 13

BTW for anybody else hosting a FOSS AEC related event we can help advertise these types of events at OSArch, such as https://osarch.org/event/netherlands-computational-design-day/

Also, if you subscribe on the homepage https://osarch.org/ you can get notifications whenever there is a new event or post :)

Ace
  • Salve, anyone interested in an Italian meet-up?

carlopavMassimo