Energy Modeling

124»

Comments

• Let's start auditing IFC energy model with BlenderBIM Add-on !

This feature is not currently available in daily build. I have opened a PR and I am going to update it or open a new one for colours.

agonzalezestevebrunopostletopologicLaurensJNDarth_BlenderAceCoenJesusbillcarlopav
  • @Cyril thanks, I'm seeing my boundaries in odd locations, is the placement of a boundary relative to the Space placement? (I had assumed it was in world coordinates, but relative placement makes sense).

I also don't see colours, though my boundaries are assigned to slabs, walls, roof etc..

• @brunopostle yes, it is relative to the space.

@topologic yes, the snap spaces together is a pretty horrific hack and I only use it as a clean-up aid together with manual cleanup. I'm not very good at coding geometric algorithms, so I hope someone else in the future can revisit this puzzle and make my attempt obsolete :)

• @Moult any tips for moving an IfcRelSpaceBoundary? the usual trick of using spatial.assign_container doesn't work because neither the boundary or any of the bits that define it can be assigned to a spatial container. And geometry.edit_object_placement doesn't change anything either.

• @brunopostle said:
    I also don't see colours, though my boundaries are assigned to slabs, walls, roof etc..

You mean that the paint button in scene properties does not work on your model ? If so please share the model so I can see why.

• @Cyril said:
    You mean that the paint button in scene properties does not work on your model ? If so please share the model so I can see why.

Ah, the paint button does set colours (I sort-of 'fixed' the relative placement issue):

topologicCyrilJesusbill
  • Here is the above building, I'd be interested to see if this actually loads into any energy modelling software:

topologic
  • @brunopostle said:
    Here is the above building, I'd be interested to see if this actually loads into any energy modelling software:

Why not simulate it right in Blender using TopologicEnergy and openstudio? Actually, you already have the CellComplex which is better suited for that.

• @topologic said:
    Why not simulate it right in Blender using TopologicEnergy and openstudio? Actually, you already have the CellComplex which is better suited for that.

Because I can't get Openstudio to run on Fedora, and the CellComplex doesn't have the windows or doors (they could be added though).

• Leave it with me. Tomorrow 🙂

brunopostle
  • @brunopostle said:
    @Moult any tips for moving an IfcRelSpaceBoundary? the usual trick of using spatial.assign_container doesn't work because neither the boundary or any of the bits that define it can be assigned to a spatial container. And geometry.edit_object_placement doesn't change anything either.

Sorry, perhaps new API usecases need to be written in the API's boundary module to add this functionality.

brunopostle