New IFC facet-based selector syntax

13»

Comments

• Where can I find this filter in the latest release? I would like to filter by LoadBearing and EXISTING and make it visible in the 3D view.

• I'm not fully understanding the correct syntax here.

• @Coen said:
    I'm not fully understanding the correct syntax here.

I tried Grouping and Filtering on my computer and I noticed some odd behavior:

• Pset_WallCommon.Status = NEW works
    • Pset_WallCommon.Combustible with True throws an error

• but if I use Pset_WallCommon.Combustible with 1 (instead of True) it works..

• Pset_WallCommon.IsExternal does not return any selection with either True or 1
    • Same applies to Pset_WallCommon.LoadBearing

it would be interesting to know the right way to do it, thanks

• edited February 23

@steverugi said:

• Pset_WallCommon.IsExternal does not return any selection with either True or 1
    • Same applies to Pset_WallCommon.LoadBearing

For me these work with the input 1, true gives the error.

Blender 3.6.8 BBIM 240222

Coen
  • @Coen said:

I'm not fully understanding the correct syntax here.

I think you have to type "TRUE"

Coensteverugi
  • I hope it's ok to piggyback onto this discussion. I have been trying out schedules and have been facing some difficulties.
    Here are my filters and CSV Attributes in BlenderBim:

Here is how it looks in OpenOffice:

Here is what it looks like when I use BBim to build the schedule into a SVG:

The things I would like to solve are:
    1. Is it possible to replace the underscore with a space character? I tried {{value}}.replace("_", " ")
    2. Is there a BBim solution to get ElementType values to appear in place of the USERDEFINED value of PredefinedType
    3. In the ods file my column headings are bold, should they pass through to the SVG?
    4. In the ods file I wrapped my cells but this doesn't seem to be translating correctly. Is there a way to fix this in OpenOffice?
    5. Is there a way in BBim to apply rounding to a {{value}} that consists of multiple values?
    6. I can't get my storey names to appear, what am I doing wrong?
    7. Is there a BBim solution to not show the None values (or just show one)?

theoryshawArv
  • Good questions. I think i only know the following...
    4. It's advisable to use opengost-b font when making your svg schedules. A lot of spacing, etc, is currently hardcoded assuming this font. If you use a different font, things can start looking weird.
    6. maybe try storey.Name?

• Thanks @theoryshaw. I did first try storey.Name but that didn't work and I presumed so because I am initially pulling in types not instances.

• @tim 2. Try predefined_type

tim
  • edited March 4

@tim I see you're using Tag as the ID or Type Mark. I wanted to do that too, and seems to be the way to do it, but might want to read the following...

tim
  • timtim
    edited March 5

Thanks @theoryshaw, looks like the 'correct' way is to use the name field then. If the Tag field is only used by external exporters, should it not be a read-only value in BlenderBIM, or maybe it shouldn’t be in the UI at all. Is there a use case for having it visible or editable?

• Would it be possible to select all objects belonging to a bSDD classification such as https://search.bsdd.buildingsmart.org/uri/buildingsmart/ifc/4.3/class/IfcBuiltSystemLOADBEARING

• @martin said:
    Would it be possible to select all objects belonging to a bSDD classification such as https://search.bsdd.buildingsmart.org/uri/buildingsmart/ifc/4.3/class/IfcBuiltSystemLOADBEARING

Sure, it's ifcopenshell.util.selector.filter_elements(ifc_file, 'IfcTypeProduct, IfcProduct, classification="IfcBuiltSystemLOADBEARING"')

Or from BBIM UI:

steverugi
  • IfcFurniture, PredefinedType="CHAIR"
    This doesn't seem to work. Am i missing something?
    In this scenario, the instance is taking on the Type's PredefinedType.

• edited April 12

I don't know if I understood correctly, but try IfcFurniture, query:predefined_type=CHAIR

Remember to remove the equal sign here:

Does that work?

theoryshawsteverugi
  • edited April 12

yes, that works! Thanks @bruno_perdigao
    Intuitively, it seems like the other way should work too... since it's an 'Attribute'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• @theoryshaw said:
    yes, that works! Thanks @bruno_perdigao
    Intuitively, it seems like the other way should work too... since it's an 'Attribute'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

makes sense, it should work both ways after this commit

bruno_perdigaotheoryshaw
  • edited April 23

Hi @Andrej730

@martin said:

Or from BBIM UI:

I am trying to implement RICSclassification (NRM1 and 2)

how would I catch something like
    #105=IFCCLASSIFICATIONREFERENCE($,'1.1.3.1','Lowest floor construction',#66,$,$);

or any other classified element of which I know the code (in this case '1.1.3.1'), or its description

since the BoQ does not export classification (yet?) it would be useful to do it through spreadsheet
    thanks

EDIT

please disregard my request, I figured it out
    for those who are looking for the same:

as selector for spreadsheet export to csv:
    classification.Name returns 'Lowest floor construction'
    classification.Identification returns '1.1.3.1'

in Search use the "Classification" filter and apply the Identification code in the cell:

cheers

• @steverugi said:
    how would I catch something like
    #105=IFCCLASSIFICATIONREFERENCE($,'1.1.3.1','Lowest floor construction',#66,$,$);

or any other classified element of which I know the code (in this case '1.1.3.1'), or its description

"IfcClassificationReference, Description=description" or ""IfcClassificationReference, Identification=test_code"?

steverugi
  • edited May 1

Hi @Andrej730

please where in the UI you use the following?

"IfcClassificationReference, Description=description" or ""IfcClassificationReference, Identification=test_code"?

do you know what to use in a cost schedule as query? It would be very useful to select classified elements in a BoQ
    IfcSlab, classification="1.1.1.1.11" works in Grouping and Filtering > Search but when used in a cost schedule it does not return anything
    thanks

EDIT

for some reason IfcSlab, classification="1.1.1.1.11" works now in a .csv cost schedule to automate BoQ QTO extraction, I'm still curious to know the use case of IfcClassificationReference, Description.. though, cheers