BlenderBIM Add-on new release!

1789101113»

Comments

• edited April 2

Good morning and a wonderful update we have.
    Now the challenge I have is that I have the wall tool activated but the option tools are not showing. I am using Blender 4.1 and with the blenderbim-240216-py311-win.zip version. Find the attached image below;

• @Owura_qu said:
    Good morning and a wonderful update we have.
    Now the challenge I have is that the option tools are not showing. I am using Blender 4.1 and with the blenderbim-240216-py311-win.zip version. Find attached image below;

Hi! You're using old version from 16 February, this issue is fixed in the release available on https://blenderbim.org/.

• awesome work from the developers

carlopav
  • edited April 2

On windows official BBIM 240402 from Download of the homepage is with py11, but Blender 3.6.x is with Python 10 ... on activation the error attached pops. But on the homepage is written it works with Blender 3.6.
    If blenderbim 240402 with py10 from https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/releases is used it works well ...

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\BHA\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\blenderbim\libs\site\packages\ifcopenshell\ifcopenshell_wrapper.py", line 14, in swig_import_helper
        return importlib.import_module(mname)
      File "C:\0_BHA_privat\progr\PortableBlender\3.6\python\lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
        return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1050, in _gcd_import
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1027, in _find_and_load
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _find_and_load_unlocked
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 674, in _load_unlocked
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 571, in module_from_spec
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 1176, in create_module
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
    ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _ifcopenshell_wrapper: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

import ifcopenshell.api.owner.settings
      File "C:\Users\BHA\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\blenderbim\libs\site\packages\ifcopenshell\__init__.py", line 69, in <module>
        raise ImportError("IfcOpenShell not built for '%s'" % python_distribution)
    ImportError: IfcOpenShell not built for 'windows\64bit\python3.10'

• edited April 3

I am not even able to link just one ifc ...

• load a ifc
    • go to Scene --> Project Overview --> Project Setup --> Links --> click on Link IFC --> open another ifc ...
    • error in report view
    • both ifc are in 2x3 if this matters ...

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "C:\Users\BHA\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\module\project\operator.py", line 868, in execute
          bpy.ops.bim.load_link(filepath=filepath, false_origin=self.false_origin)
        File "C:\0_BHA_privat\progr\PortableBlender\3.6\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 113, in __call__
          ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
      RuntimeError: Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "C:\Users\BHA\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\module\project\operator.py", line 947, in execute
          self.link_ifc()
        File "C:\Users\BHA\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\module\project\operator.py", line 989, in link_ifc
          self.link_blend(blend_filepath)
        File "C:\Users\BHA\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\module\project\operator.py", line 951, in link_blend
          with bpy.data.libraries.load(filepath, link=True) as (data_from, data_to):
      OSError: load: C:\0_BHA_privat\BIMTesterAll\BIMTester\0_modelle_ablage\19104\TAZ_Datenstruktur_Projekt\19104_ING_TB_TAZ_Projekt_Neubau_20240315a_bimtester.ifc.cache.blend failed to open blend file
      Location: C:\0_BHA_privat\progr\PortableBlender\3.6\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:113

EDIT: The problem has been solved ... or better the problem is vanished and linking modells works great. Amazing feature :-)
    EDIT: The problem has not been solved ... but it has been found what does the problem triggers ... https://community.osarch.org/discussion/2067/problem-on-linking-file-depending-on-the-file

• Hi! You're using old version from 16 February, this issue is fixed in the release available on https://blenderbim.org/.

My bad! Downloaded the wrong version. Thank you.

• Cheers, we sorted out the issue with @bernd in a video call. It was probably a local environment issue.

Owura_qu
  • ImportError: IfcOpenShell not built for 'windows\64bit\python3.10'

Just in case anyone else meet this error installing BBIM from blenderbim.org, for Blender <= 4.0 you'll need to follow unstable installation as it's using different python version - https://blenderbim.org/docs/devs/installation.html#unstable-installation

• I can read the LCA module is removed. Is this due to restrains and bugs for this feature?

• @Moult said:
    Cheers, we sorted out the issue with @bernd in a video call. It was probably a local environment issue.

Some news here. It was not the environment it was the file. By accident at the beginning I only used files which makes problems. The time beeing I have rare of them. See https://community.osarch.org/discussion/2067/problem-on-linking-file-depending-on-the-file for continue the disscussion ...

• @Ole_Marius_Svendsen it was basically unmaintained and did barely anything useful.

• @Moult said:
    @Ole_Marius_Svendsen it was basically unmaintained and did barely anything useful.

Understood. Thanks for the feedback! Would we ever see a reentrance of analytical tools? I understand it need to be up to date for us to apply it. Never used the LCA module, though would hope it can be relevante on day for my line of work.

• Yes, definitely. When there is a clearer definition of how it should be integrated, it can be reintroduced.

Ole_Marius_Svendsen