OSArch on YouTube

Comments

• Hey @duncan I sent @Jesusbill the video directly through WeTransfer. If there is any problem, I can upload it to the dropbox though.

• Yes I have it, it is now uploaded in the Dropbox folder.
    Anyone that wants access to the folder, please let me know.

JanF
  • @JanF said:
    Do we have a recording of the second presentation @duncan ? I don't see it on Dropbox
    @gokermu do you have a thumbnail for discussion #10? (Logo, Librecad, Funding..)

@JanF I have created one but i haven't see it on youtube. So I am not sure whether if its just a meeting or like ifc.js meetup where agviegas presented ifc.js. If it is a meetup where LibreCAD presented its software, then I will change it. Here is the thumbnail for meetup #10:

duncan
  • Is this blue ribbon the new osarch logo? I quite like it

• @brunopostle said:
    Is this blue ribbon the new osarch logo? I quite like it

@brunopostle No it's not. Its just a generic shape I use for the meetup thumbnails

brunopostleduncan
  • The MonthlyMeetup #10 dicussion and presentation videos are now online on youtube.

gokermu
  • Hi @JanF,
    Is recording of the last meetup available on youtube? I couldn't see it. If not, when will It be available?
    Thanx.

• @gokermu videos are online, you can add your title screens and publish them.

gokermu
  • Does BIMxBEM have a logo? Or should i just write the name on the thumbnail? Does it have a page -like compas- from which i can get some content for the thumbnail?

• Thumbnail for the meetup11 is open for your comments.? If you have any critics, suggestions, just anything for the design, feel free to share it?

• @gokermu I haven't had time to watch the whole presentation yet, but I'm sure you'll find your answers if you do that ?
    Isn't the text on the green image bigger than previously? Other than that its fine.

• @JanF said:
    Isn't the text on the green image bigger than previously? Other than that its fine.

yes indeed. I decided topic of the meetup is more important than the number of it. So, decided to make it a bit bigger so its more readable.

duncan
  • @gokermu said:
    Does BIMxBEM have a logo? Or should i just write the name on the thumbnail? Does it have a page -like compas- from which i can get some content for the thumbnail?

No logo. You can extract anything you want from image from announcement. I can also share my presentation file.

• edited February 2021

I can see that the BIMxBEM video is marked private so no-one can see it yet @JanF . Let me know if there is a problem getting the setting right. Youtube has a very confusing interface for content.

• @duncan said:
    I can see that the BIMxBEM video is marked private so no-one can see it yet @JanF . Let me know if there is a problem getting the setting right. Youtube has a very confusing interface for content.

I thought @gokermu would add the thumbnail image and make it public afterwards.

• @JanF you are right. But i havent had a chance to make a thumbnail for the video yet. I will make one tomorrow i hope. But if you want, you can publish it anyway. I will add the thumbnail afterwards.

• Hi everyone,
    Thumbnail for BIMxBEM is here. Sorry for the delay. Its open for comments:

• I guess I preferred the previous layout with the vertical line, screenshot from 25:19 (the six houses) and we can leave the logo out for once? Or just use the earth logo?

• Great channel. I really like the video of the monthly meeting. Due to time constraints, although I received an invitation to the monthly meeting very early, I never attended. These videos are very good learning materials for me.

duncan
  • @shanmama we're a bit new at using Youtube so if you have some suggestions of an even better way to set it up let us know :-)

• Is there a way to sort the items in the playlist so the newest video always is at the top and shown as the thumbnail on the front page? Also is it possible to sort the order the playlists are in so the playlist for monthly meetup is furthest to the left (where most of us always look first). Just some suggestions.

• It looks to me you can't sort them a priori (vdeos within a list), tried to play around but with no luck.

• @gokermu & @condur you're Youtube experts - do you if it can be done?

• @duncan said:
    @gokermu & @condur you're Youtube experts - do you if it can be done?

@duncan I will look into it today and give you an answer whether if we can do it or not.

• @duncan said:
    @gokermu & @condur you're Youtube experts - do you if it can be done?

There is no automatic way but if you go to a playlist you cand drag and drop video order

• Looks like there is a way. I have updated all the playlist in that sort. Newest video will be displayed at the top. @duncan

Jesusbilldimitarduncan
  • Is there any progress on making a playlist for our earlier videos? Maybe someone has time to do an old video each month together with the new ones? We don't need to split them or do anything fancy - but I do think they should all be in one place.
    ... we also need to work out how to use Peertube.

• I misunderstood the situation, I thought we wouldn't change the old videos as there is no way to recut them and update without losing the links and views and comments, but now I see most of them aren't public anyway. I'll get to it.

• @JanF I'm not suggesting we remove the old ones. Just that they should all be in one place (and backed up together). Dion has the original files.

• @Jesusbill where can i access the recording of the last meetup? I am gonna publish it on our youtube channel.