Archipack addon new release !

Released archipack 2.3.3 compatible with blender 2.91 today.

Highlights for this version, beside many other bugfixes.

• “Auto-synchro” feature now is a global parameter so you are able to disable once for all objects.
  • Triangular top shape for windows through “top circle” and 2 segments.

Change logs are here

carlopavduncanbasweinCGRpaulleeDarth_Blenderengfernando

Comments

• edited March 2021

Released archipack 2.3.4 today.
    This version is a hotfix for performance issues with boolean exact solver.

• Bugfix: Boolean solver now set to fast
    • Bugfix: Svg exporter fails when a stair is hidden
    • Bugfix: Duplicate level fails with hole entity
    • Enhancement: hopscotch pattern allow different ratio between big/small tiles
    carlopavMoultbitacovirCGR
  • Released archipack 2.3.5 today.
    Change log for this version:

• Svg export now use absolute size in mm
    • Turkish translation by Erder Keshkin
    • Add window surface deform operator
    • Auto synchro disabled by default
    • Fix loosing luxcore material on object delete
    • Fix Merge walls / moldings / fence performance issue
    • Support for custom handle geometry
    • Support for custom door / window geometry
    • Support for custom woor / window hole geometry
    • Hole object may cut or allow moldings
    • Support for new blendebim ifc export
    • Simplify objects representation on the fly for ifc body
    • Fix window 2d hole representation
    • Fix “freemove” creation mode for draw tools, (enable in preferences)
    • Support for custom geometry for tiles / hips for roofs
    • Fix roof hip not always generated
    • Fix roof draft generating wrong edges in co-planar polygon
    • Fix crash bug in archipack section
    • Support for geometry nodes based section (experimental, breaking uvs)
    • Fix gap between stairs limit too big
    • Fix preset not generated when addon is outside standard path
    • Add “Generic” walls presets
    • Add concrete stair presets
    • Fix window round / elliptic preset handles
    • Fix tools tab closed by default
    • Fix objects array operator negative scaling
    • Allow multiple vertical rows for array operator
    • Fix Quick edit only woring once
    • Allow up to 128 foils in windows
    • Fix performance issue with boolean exact solver
    basweinJesusbillAcecarlopavMoultCGRDarth_Blenderengfernando
  • This looks like a big release! @stephen_l would you like to draft a news post to be published on osarch.org?

duncan
  • edited July 2021

I would say not for this release, as it only does fix some bugs but pave the way for realy exciting new features (ability to store custom objects in presets - full custom and geometry node based parametric objects). So next one (beside planed hotfix release) may be a realy huge step forward for archipack.
    Also planed is full bim "editablity" providen blenderbim allow it soon, meaning archipack will be 2'nd foss "bim able" software with FreeCad.

MoulttlangMeetlatCGRAceengfernandoArv
  • Released archipack 2.4 today !
    Change log is available here
    This is a huge release, adding ability to use custom objects nearly everywhere, and providing support for blender 3.0.

Archipack "community edition" was removed from blender's sources but still is available using this link

bruno_perdigaoGorgiousbasweingv07AcecarlopavCoenduncan
  • @stephen_l please do write something for the front page. I work hard on Twitter and LinkedIn to promote 'our' projects - but I can't write the text for you. Failing that just write your own LinkedIn and Twitter posts, tag OSArch and I'll push them if/when I see them.

• Really impressive, I just went to take a look at the code of 2.4. So much work.
    @stephen_l Was this all done single-handedly by you? Because it would be such a shame if this project died somehow. Are you planning on providing documentation for the code one day? (Seems like a monstrous task). Because the only documentation I could find are release notes here: https://blender-archipack.gitlab.io/whats new.html#release-2-3-6

• @duncan ok, will do.
    @Coen archipack is 4 years old project now, almost full time dev on daily basis, so had time to stack concepts.
    Basically concepts are enclosed into classes, so most parts of the code is "write once, use everywhere like", with meaningful names and comments spread across code.
    2.4 provide "custom geometry" support in presets and objects, a huge enhancement many people where asking for, was a 3 month task, so the dev log may look impressive for this one.

Basically had 2 contributions in code and ~200$ donations first year in early 1.x "community" archipack, so i found myself facing with hard decision and made it a commercial package in order to be able to further develop. Now it is a sustainable self funding project, so i guess that when (if ever) i quit the project, would be easy to find someone else.

CoenCyrilDarth_BlendertlangduncanMoult
  • I also really like that you're integrating BlenderBIM with Archipack as well, you really acquire a new set of users that way to use Archipack (like me for example). Keep up the great work :-)

• edited December 2021

@stephen_l said:
    Basically had 2 contributions in code and ~200$ donations first year in early 1.x "community" archipack, so i found myself facing with hard decision and made it a commercial package in order to be able to further develop. Now it is a sustainable self funding project, so i guess that when (if ever) i quit the project, would be easy to find someone else.

Thanks Stephen for this testimony !
    It shows how much mind change is required about donating when people don't have to. This step was crossed by streamers etc… I wish it will be become mainstream for the rest. I got a similar issue on some creative common content.
    Is there still a donate button somewhere we could use instead of having to use gumroad to support your work ?

• @Cyril Still have a patreon account, but it is not clear to me how i can properly handle donations from fiscal point of view as i moved in Portugal (may be way more "tricky" than from Swiss).

• [off topic]
    @stephen_l do you know if an application template has been made out there I can download and play with? https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/advanced/app_templates.html

• @duncan you should ask @Andyrexic, as far is i'm aware he's one of the few guys taking advantage of the application template.

duncan
  • What's the roadmap for integrating Archipack with more IFC functionality? How is the IFC export different from the IFC export from theBlenderBIM add-on? As I understood when importing an IFC file made with archipack all the archipack functionality still works in Blender?