BlenderBIM spreadsheet writer for .xlsx and .ods

1235»

Comments

• edited May 2023

@Pahlawan said:

@Massimo said:
    @Pahlawan Btw, if it helps, quantities are just another psets with attributes. The schema says that the pset name should be "Qto_Name BaseQuantities" so for a slab it should be "Qto_SlabBaseQuantites".
    BBim can calculate and assign automatically the quantities.
    So, regarding your example, is NetArea calculated automatically or is it given in another way (like typed or imported from another software)?

The basequantities are exported from Tekla.
    What's your e-mail?

fabbro.massimo@gmail.com
    Are you in osarch chat?

• @Massimo said:

@Pahlawan said:

@Massimo said:
    @Pahlawan Btw, if it helps, quantities are just another psets with attributes. The schema says that the pset name should be "Qto_Name BaseQuantities" so for a slab it should be "Qto_SlabBaseQuantites".
    BBim can calculate and assign automatically the quantities.
    So, regarding your example, is NetArea calculated automatically or is it given in another way (like typed or imported from another software)?

The basequantities are exported from Tekla.
    What's your e-mail?

fabbro.massimo@gmail.com
    Are you in osarch chat?

Yes I am, using the same name, you?

• @Pahlawan i managed to open your file from the console in BBim, without the graphical part (that seems to cause the problem).
    I saw that the IfcSlab element called 'BORDES' has a pset (typed as qto) assigned to it called "BaseQuantities".
    This pset has a property called 'NetArea' with the value '0.5854', that seems incorrect (or at least different from what BIMVision shows).
    I think this means that who created the model and assigned the quantities to it just have done it in a wrong way.
    With bbim you can correct these errors btw :-)

Coen
  • @Massimo said:
    @Pahlawan i managed to open your file from the console in BBim, without the graphical part (that seems to cause the problem).
    I saw that the IfcSlab element called 'BORDES' has a pset (typed as qto) assigned to it called "BaseQuantities".
    This pset has a property called 'NetArea' with the value '0.5854', that seems incorrect (or at least different from what BIMVision shows).
    I think this means that who created the model and assigned the quantities to it just have done it in a wrong way.

For real? Is there a tutorial on how to fix these errors?
    Or do you mean to fix the ifc loading error with this ifc model, instead of fixing the wrong netarea values?

• @Pahlawan said:

@Massimo said:
    @Pahlawan i managed to open your file from the console in BBim, without the graphical part (that seems to cause the problem).

For real? Is there a tutorial on how to fix these errors?
    Or do you mean to fix the ifc loading error with this ifc model, instead of fixing the wrong netarea values?

Well, i mean the quantities error...the other error i think is related to an export problem from original file.
    I don't know if there is a tutorial on that but you i think you can do in these ways (or a mix of them):

• edit the wrong values with correct ones manually
    • try "calculate all quantities" button in n-panel -> blenderbim -> quantity take off menu but please check if calculated values are correct
    Pahlawan
  • I've started using this extension to quantify length for thermal bridges. Unfortunately it seems when it comes to ifcColumns it seem to not being able to extract length nor Hight. This seem to be the case for both ODS file, and excel (my preferred file type).

Also, it seems somewhat weird for me that the volume also is so low for the beam. Thought this might be a general bug for BB?

• @Ole_Marius_Svendsen the dimensions you're seeing there are not calculated by BBIM. They are precalculated and already stored in the IFC by the original authoring software. It looks like it's Revit.

Revit has a huge amount of bugs which lead to incorrect quantities: https://github.com/Autodesk/revit-ifc/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+quantity+

After some time trying to see if they could be fixed within Revit, at work I gave up and built our own quantification tool which throws away all of these precalculated values and then calculates the quantities freshly based on our own rules. This has proven to be much more successful. If this is of interest, I've been meaning to clean it up and release it as a generic patch recipe so others can also fix up wrong quantities.

• Thank you for the information. I will overlook some of the quanteties then to see if the circumference has been accurately calculated. For the coulms bit i found a work around by counting the number of elements in excel to find how many there are per floor. So seems i can still use it for some bits.

• After some time trying to see if they could be fixed within Revit, at work I gave up and built our own quantification tool which throws away all of these precalculated values and then calculates the quantities freshly based on our own rules.

Can I find a code snippet for this somewhere? I think it would be a nice feature if people have a toggle button which says "Overwrite quantities" before making a spreadsheet export.

Nigel
  • @Coen overriding selected_objects in current context and calling bpy.ops.bim.calculate_all_quantities() ?

Coen
  • @Coen here you can find other useful informations

Coen