BlenderBim Beginner Tutorial - Step by Step Project - Part 2 - 2D drafting

AceAce
edited November 17 in General

This is a dedicated thread to discuss this video:

For it you will need these resources (attached):

  • Plan furnishing set
  • Tags -Circle & Square - 1_50
  • D - 800 - Sliding_

And maybe the model from part 1:
*BlenderBim - Step by Step Tutorial- Model - Part 1
Ask questions here!

CoentheoryshawbrunopostlecvillagrasaArchitektbasweinJanFhtlcnnRaphaëlVouillozGorgiousand 4 others.

Comments

  • Yes! This is great!

    Ace
  • List of materials

    Thanks a lot for this great video again! At the end you talked about a list of materials which come with the BlenderBIM Add-on, I would liked to have this list, does somebody know which materials are included?

  • Great video. I learnt how to make relationship between objects, and how you create custom object tags. I'm wondering if the custom tags could have only 2d representation and set default when loaded instead of setting it manually?
    About the grids, do you think the workflow should be that grids are created first, then objects are created and positioned relative to grids. I think that would be reasonable for construction workflow.

  • @Architekt said:

    List of materials

    Thanks a lot for this great video again! At the end you talked about a list of materials which come with the BlenderBIM Add-on, I would liked to have this list, does somebody know which materials are included?

    I included it in the description of the video but here they are aswell:
    List of default materials/ hatches loaded with BlenderBim:

    blank
    diagonal1
    diagonal2
    diagonal3
    crosshatch1
    crosshatch2
    crosshatch3
    brick
    earth
    glass
    liquid
    grass
    honeycomb
    sand
    concrete

    Try them out by pasting this as the material name!
    Play around with them!

    CoenArchitekt
  • AceAce
    edited November 17

    @htlcnn said:
    Great video. I learnt how to make relationship between objects, and how you create custom object tags. I'm wondering if the custom tags could have only 2d representation and set default when loaded instead of setting it manually?
    About the grids, do you think the workflow should be that grids are created first, then objects are created and positioned relative to grids. I think that would be reasonable for construction workflow.

    That's how the tags are supposed to work, at the moment this is a bug, you can see it reported here:
    https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/issues/2383
    so what you've seen is my workaround to get a result for now, but it will work exactly as you described in the future!

    About the grids, yes agreed @Coen uses grids a lot in that way, but for such a small project I just wanted to show modelling -> 2d drafting -> layout in that order to avoid confusion, so that's me just grouping things together for tutorials

    htlcnn
  • Just adding this comment to the discussion, because I forgot how to do it. Or maybe it's done already differently in the newer version of BlenderBIM? Also could not find it in the nice youtube tutorial of @Ace
    It's how to change back the 'normal' modelling view after drawing creation.
    https://community.osarch.org/discussion/comment/11822#Comment_11822

    Ace
  • When I want to change the Raster Y in Drawing Generation, it seems to do the same as Raster X, bug or my user stupidity?

  • @Coen said:

    When I want to change the Raster Y in Drawing Generation, it seems to do the same as Raster X, bug or my user stupidity?

    It's not great how it works, , think of raster y and x as just the ratio of the camera and change the size of the camera using the Orthographic scale

    Coen
  • edited November 18


    Will there eventually be a feature where there would be a hatch preview? For example in the Type manager?
    Attached are auto generated wall types because I would like to see all the different hatch types.
    Might be useful, or maybe not, I don't know

    theoryshawMassimoAce
  • @Coen it would be helpful also to have the hatch name near the preview :-)

  • Really great vids., thanks! Also worth mentioning that you can generate Qto info from other ifc elements, e.g floor covering etc. and auto tag these to get areas calcs. etc.

    Have you found a way to re-calculate the Qto after a building element has been adjusted? The re-fresh button on the Qto panels doesn't seem to push updates to the tags created.

    Ace
  • @Massimo said:
    @Coen it would be helpful also to have the hatch name near the preview :-)




    A bit confused why the 3D text is so messed up and sometimes displays correctly

    AceMassimo
  • @ChubbyQuark said:
    Really great vids., thanks! Also worth mentioning that you can generate Qto info from other ifc elements, e.g floor covering etc. and auto tag these to get areas calcs. etc.

    Have you found a way to re-calculate the Qto after a building element has been adjusted? The re-fresh button on the Qto panels doesn't seem to push updates to the tags created.

    Typically it works for me after I reactivate the view,
    , if that doesnt work, click the edit button (dont edit anything) and save again, losing the auto-ness but it works

  • @Coen said:

    @Massimo said:
    @Coen it would be helpful also to have the hatch name near the preview :-)




    A bit confused why the 3D text is so messed up and sometimes displays correctly

    SO cool!

Sign In or Register to comment.