Live Projects - an exploration. :)

2»

Comments

• edited July 2023

Thanks, and thank you. It's all BB and Inkscape! :)
    As you know, with that restaurant project, we had to maintain the Blender/IFC connection so we didn't lose our material definitions, lighting, animation keyframes and camera constraints.
    All the others, we just use the IFC file, as we didn't need any rendering/animations for those.

CoencarlopavbasweinNigelPavlosDem9MoultGorgiousdimitaratomkarincaCadGiruand 2 others.
  • If curious, here's another 'Live Project'. Is a pocket neighborhood in Wisconsin.
    Currently in schematic design phase.

repo: https://gitlab.com/openingdesign/highland_haven
    chat channel: (not much is going on, as it's only me, so far) https://app.element.io/#/room/#OD_Highland_Haven:matrix.org?via=matrix.org

Owura_quNigelMoultpaulleeRaphaëlVouillozcarlopavdimitarAceGorgiouscvillagrasaand 5 others.
  • edited October 2023

I would like to know more about the landscape and how it was achieved together with BBIM. Was it some add-ons or some resources to direct me to. Awesome!

• edited October 2023

@Owura_qu said:
    I would like to know more about the landscape and how it was achieved together with BBIM. Was it some add-ons or some resources to direct me to. Awesome!

Thanks! Used Pongo landscape assets, and then used geometry nodes to scatter via weight paint. These landscape assets and the nodes, are NOT coded into IFC. :)

• Okay but do these Pongo assets have a way for orthogonal/ 2D landscape plan representations?

• No, you 'could' convert them to IFC and give them different representations, but you'd lose the UV mapping, and your IFC would blow up, because these assets have a ton of facets... also you could not scatter them with geometry nodes.

• edited October 2023

Also, worth mentioning, which was key on this project: I used @bruno_perdigao's duplicate aggregate functionality quite extensively. That is, I have a few parent house modules, and duplicated the children throughout the site. This project would have been painful to near impossible without this awesome functionality.

dimitarLuisbruno_perdigao
  • Well noted but I have been searching for a way to do landscape design and representations with Blender/ BBIM. Great work you have and I must keep searching.

theoryshaw
  • This is awesome! Really great work and so happy to see despite all the bugs that work can be achieved :)

theoryshawcarlopavbitacovir
  • This is AWESOME ! I have to ask, is it a US thing to not have the garage connected to the house or is there a particular reason for having two unconnected buildings ?

theoryshaw
  • Amazing!

theoryshaw
  • Amazing work! It's really awesome to see such a great design being pulled off with BlenderBIM.

Luistheoryshaw
  • @Gorgious said:
    This is AWESOME ! I have to ask, is it a US thing to not have the garage connected to the house or is there a particular reason for having two unconnected buildings ?

Actually, in the US, it's atypical that garages are not attached to the house.
    When I first started this project I was not going to provide individual garages at all--was going to bunch all the parking together in 1 or 2 parking areas... as is typically done with pocket neighborhoods.

As I was concerned this was too big of a cultural change, decided to do something in between, that is a detached garage, with shared driveways.
    Having a detached garage also allows for a less substantial foundation--less deep, and doesn't need insulation--keeps cost down.

The general idea, too, was to keep the houses and garage simple, and create unique outdoor spaces with them--spaces that create gradients between public and privates spaces. In this way, detaching the garages provided a bigger palette to create these semi-intimate spaces.

carlopavAceMoultNigelGorgious
  • @theoryshaw this is a good looking project, well done. I like the separate garage as it has the added benefit of not getting the dwelling's square (or feet) metre rate applied to it, good way to challenge build price ?, divide and conquer, more external cladding I know.

theoryshaw
  • Thanks for the explanation ! A job well done, I must say. I like that asphalt areas are kept to the bare minimum for parking spaces and getting into the pockets and the part where there is usually a sea of black tar is instead a green meadow :)

Nigel
  • @theoryshaw this would be good to put a link for on the wiki or an article. I was looking for this to show reference of BB and was having a hard time finding it.

• Good idea, will look into putting something together.

• Another small project @chopinregis and I tackled. Is a small residential addition.

MassimocarlopavbrunopostleBedsonbruno_perdigaoNigelCadGiruOwura_quatomkarincasteverugiand 1 other.
  • edited December 2023

Here's a pricing set for a small restaurant.
    For this project, I explored 'rendered shading' for the elevations and reflected ceiling plan, instead of using Calculate Shapely Surfaces.

Also explored using @Andrej730's awesome 'external styles' functionality more and more.

repo: https://hub.openingdesign.com/OpeningDesign/Restaurant_Sun_Prairie
    chat: https://matrix.to/#/#OD_Restaurant_Sun_Prairie:matrix.org (not much action, as it's just me at the moment)

animation:

MassimosteverugiLuisbruno_perdigaoNigelbrunopostlecarlopavBedsonOwura_quCyriland 9 others.
  • Wow this is comprehensive

theoryshawMoult